cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very disappointed: Porting BT landline number to VM

zubairahmed
Tuning in

Very disappointed in VM service. I am a new customer to VM. When I moved house, I bought a broadband + landline and O2 sim package from VM. I wanted my old BT landline transferred to the new home, and I made the first request in late December.

Today I contacted the VM customer service and they are again putting in a new request for number porting. The rep mentioned that they tried to contact me via sms. Well the message says type CHAT and select Option 2. When I type CHAT, I get a not delivered response. Honestly I dont know what to do.

Can someone from VM help please. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jem101
Superstar

@zubairahmed very importantly, is the old BT number still 'live' in any way - does it seem to ring if you call it?

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

16 REPLIES 16

jem101
Superstar

@zubairahmed very importantly, is the old BT number still 'live' in any way - does it seem to ring if you call it?

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @zubairahmed,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.
I'm really sorry to hear of the issues that you've been having porting your number over to us from BT, the agents should have been able to get this resolved for you before now.

As @jem101 stated, is your phone line still active with BT?

I have looked into the system and can see that the agents you spoke to have put this request through for you this afternoon and once the porting team picks this up the order will be sent over to BT.

Regards,

Steven_L

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

With landline porting procedures it is mandatory that the old number remains on an active account until the port takes place. There must not be a disconnection order initiated by the customer in place or the landline port will fail.

It is therefore important that you do not cancel your existing service yourself. This MUST be handled by the new provider only. This is further complicated if a house move is involved. I assume both addresses fall within the same trunk dialling code area? If they do not the number cannot be ported due to the limitations of physical telephone exchanges.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Jem101, yes the number is still active.

Thank you for checking Steven_L.

I really dont get VM contacting me via sms. Whenever I respond, the message is never delivered. 

Indeed the customer rep today was very helpful. I am just hoping this time, the issue is sorted out. Thank you.

6B01087C-6FF0-4CCD-8914-0EEBF283A812.jpeg

Thank you nodrogd.

Indeed we are moving house. I have checked and the exchange is the same, so should not be an issue.

Hi @zubairahmed

I am sorry you have been unable to respond to the text message.

To ensure we have all the information we need from you, I am going to send you a private message.

Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the page and pop me a reply when you can 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

I've had the same problem. Tried to text CHAT many times to get my postcode sorted and all I got was not delivered. Now my previous landline has closed and I cannot get my old number ported.

same issue and my line was not ported so I've lost my number. Crap handling by Virgin M