cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VOIP SIPGATE MIGRATION

RR-IT-GUY
Rising star

Hi

I am trying to port my landline number from Virgin Media to Sipgate.

From what sipgate have told me, when the number is ported the contract gets cancelled and all associated services stopped. The issue is: I have re contracted for M500 only from the 4th or 5th of May 2022 currently I have Broadband (M100), Landline (Talk weekends) and a SIM.

Is anyone from the Virgin Media forum team able to answer these questions.

1. Will my porting request still go through even with the pending contract change.

2. If the porting request goes through. Will my original contract renewal still stand with no interruption to existing services?

3. I understand that my phone line will stop when the number is ported but will my broadband and SIM still work?

I appreciate your answer in advance?

Kind Regards

RR-THE-IT-GUY

18 REPLIES 18

Hi RR-IT-GUY,

When you say VOIP do you mean our new Docsis phone service as we don't provide VOIP, what is it you wanted help with in regards to this?

In regards to porting this is something the company taking the number has to request.

Regards

Paul. 

I know what i meant was the porting company asked me for Virgin Media's Full name and address so they can process it for some reason?

Hi RR-IT-GUY,

This isn't something you can do Via a letter, they would request the number Via their number ports team, I advise speaking to them again.

Regards

Paul.

That's correct, the number ports team asked me to get the info for the "Letter of authorisation" and "Customer port details" copy of forms screenshot below.

This is the standard porting process with this VOIP provider.

The part I need is the current service provider full name and address on the customer port details form.

RRITGUY_0-1649073631142.png

RRITGUY_1-1649073647180.png

RRITGUY_2-1649073655253.png

RRITGUY_3-1649073663049.png

RRITGUY_4-1649073680488.png

RRITGUY_5-1649073685167.png

Kind Regards

Ryan

Hey RR-IT-GUY,

You can find all our office addresses here.

Regards

Paul.

Sorry just noticed the link isn't working, please type in google virgin media address and you will see our offices there.

Regards

Paul.

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your assistance last week, thought I would let you know all the forms were completed successfully and accepted. Porting should take place this coming Thursday. Lets hope no other issues arise due to contract changes in May.

I'll let you know how it all goes then I'll resolve the post.

That is great to hear and thank you so much for letting us know, I will pass this on to Paul.

Any issues at all going forward, please do not hesitate to reach out and we will do all we can to resolve it for you. 

Thank you. 

Hi,

A bit of an update, all the porting has gone smoothly.

I did just want to confirm that the contract for the 5Th of may is still all good at £31 a month for the M500 (broadband only). I ask since the phone move prior to the contract change caused some weird messages on the account and the new contract disappeared of my dashboard?

Thanks in advance

RR