cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VOIP SIPGATE MIGRATION

RR-IT-GUY
Rising star

Hi

I am trying to port my landline number from Virgin Media to Sipgate.

From what sipgate have told me, when the number is ported the contract gets cancelled and all associated services stopped. The issue is: I have re contracted for M500 only from the 4th or 5th of May 2022 currently I have Broadband (M100), Landline (Talk weekends) and a SIM.

Is anyone from the Virgin Media forum team able to answer these questions.

1. Will my porting request still go through even with the pending contract change.

2. If the porting request goes through. Will my original contract renewal still stand with no interruption to existing services?

3. I understand that my phone line will stop when the number is ported but will my broadband and SIM still work?

I appreciate your answer in advance?

Kind Regards

RR-THE-IT-GUY

18 REPLIES 18

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi RR-IT-GUY,

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome back, if you take your number this will close your phone line only and change the package the keep the remaining services, any discounts associated will be lost and the price may increase, if you are still in contract you will be charged an early disconnection fee for removing the phone line.

Regards

Paul.

Hi Paul,
Firstly my question would be, what is the early disconnection fee in my case since the contract is in the last month ends on the day of recontract?

Secondly I was told when I asked by phone that I could migrate with no issues since I had recontracted for the start of may, are you saying that the change would mean that my future contract with only broadband becomes void?

The issue is I need to remove the phone before the start of the contract since if i do not I will lose the number.

Hi RR-IT-GUY,

My answer was not based on any specific information, if as you have advised you have already changed the package 1 Month before the contract ends then this wouldn't effect you, have you already arranged for the number to be disconnected, if you have please make sure the receiving company take the number before the line gets disconnected.

Regards

Paul.

Hi Paul,
Is it alright if I private message you over a copy of some info (contracts with ends dates and stuff like that) I have?

Thanks
RR

Hi Paul,
I have just gone over all my notes as all the changes are a lot so I have been tracking them in Jira so I know what's going on.
So to summarise, I am currently in contract and the end date is 18th May 2022. I am in the process this week of processing a porting request with SIPGATE as my new contract is from the 5th of May only has M500.

Now the porting should be completed by around Friday 15th this month.

Would there be fees in this situation since I have to port prior to the new contract but I'm still technically in a contract but I don't really have an option in this case otherwise the phone number is gone forever?

Screenshots attached of core package (No confidential info attached).

RRITGUY_0-1649067725872.png

RRITGUY_1-1649067786078.png

Let me know if you need any more info?

Kind Regards

Ryan

Hi RR-IT-GUY,

Any disconnection must be done with 30 Days notice if the full 30 Days isn't given there would be a charge for that period only.

Regards

Paul.

Good afternoon,
I'm not 100% sure what you mean about 30 days notice being required, are you basically saying that my price will increase for this last month from when the phone migrates, until the new contract starts?
If so would you be able to calculate that?

Kind Regards
Ryan

Hi Ryan,

No all that would happen is if the phone line goes before the package changes this will just add a charge for the period notice hadn't been given and the difference in the package for those days.

Regards

Paul.

Ah Thanks for the explanation, it's appreciated.
You don't happen to know what Virgin media's full name and address is for the VOIP provider and for the porting forms?
I only ask since Virgin media is now partnered with O2 so wasn't sure exactly which addresses to use?

Thanks in advance
Ryan