cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM’s Accessibility and Vulnerability Policy

Nik_B
On our wavelength

My mother-in-law is 84, has mobility and sight issues and currently has a package that includes Landline with Talk More Anytime and Mix TV (no broadband).

Having made 5 calls to VM Customer Support yesterday, I have managed to reduce the monthly bill from £51 to a more affordable £36 but had wanted to remove the Mix TV part of the package and take advantage of the VM Talk Protected Plan as detailed in section 4.4 of VM’s Accessibility and Vulnerability Policy (dated 28 September 2018 and updated on 10 March 2020).

However none of the VM representatives spoken to appear to be aware of this policy, and once identified, were unable to implement the Talk Protected Plan as it did not appear on their system.

The only positive thing I was able to achieve was to amend her account to identify her as a vulnerable person.

Could someone from VM please clarify:

1. Why they have an Accessibility and Vulnerability Policy that nobody seems to be aware off?

2. If the Policy exists, why it cannot be implemented on the system by their operatives?

3. If the policy is no longer in place, why has it not been updated or removed?

4. If it has been removed, what has replaced it?

Accessibility and Vulnerability Policy Link 

Regards

Nick

4 REPLIES 4

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there Nick, 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to our forums! 

I am so sorry to hear that you have faced difficulty arranging this package and that the agent was not able to help. 

We do have this available and they agent should have advised of this, so we are so sorry that this has not happened. 

I would be more than happy to pass on this feedback to the relevant teams for you if you would like to make a complaint with us.

If you would like to please do let me know and I will be happy to pop you a PM to sort this. 

Thank you. 

Nik_B
On our wavelength

Hi Ash_C

Thank you for your quick response.

I would be more than happy for you to pass feedback to the relevant teams in order to rectify this issue. If you require me to fill in a complaint in order to do it then I will.

The agents I spoke to all seem to be from the Retentions Department using 150 options 1-4-4 or 0345 454 1111 options 1-4-4 as directed by the India call centre. Darren the last agent I spoke to was very helpful. Whilst unaware of the policy he did try his best once informed of it, updating the mother-in-laws profile and seeking help, to no avail, but was still unable to locate the package on his system.

I have 13 days left to cancel the current package amendments before entering into another 18 month contract. My concern is that if I ring again am I going to get the same response or is there a specific department I need to be contacting?

Once again thank you for your reply.

Regards

Nick

No problem Neil, I'll pop you across a PM now so we can discuss it further and I'll get that raised for you. 

Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message. 

Thank you. 

Nik_B
On our wavelength

Sorry if I confused you.

Yes the price of the Talk Protected package is printed at £17.99 and provides inclusive Evening and Weekend Call only unless I am mistaken.

4.4.3 Talk Protected line rental charges are fixed at £17.99, and eligible customers also receive £5 off of other Virgin Phone plans such as Talk More Anytime and Talk More International Anytime.

I only asked the question in case the prices had changed due to the recent RPI increases.

Regards

Nick