cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VIOP Switchover

iinweed
Dialled in

So my elderly mother just got a letter telling her about the upgrade. She doesn't have internet or a mobile, just a landline.

With no hub to connect to, how is this going to work? What about emengency access?

I tried looking on the help page concerning this, but none of the links are working for me, regardless of which browser I use.

3 REPLIES 3

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi iinweed,

Thanks for posting on our community forums. Don't worry about your mother's landline upgrade, we will supply a broadband connection and hub for the phone connection only at no extra cost to your mother's package.

If your mother requires an emergency backup line, we will also provide this too. 

Please check the link here https://store.virginmedia.com/content/dam/eSales/Downloads/Phone%20User%20Guide.pdf

You will find all the information required about our EBUL service on PG19. 

Kind regards Jodi. 

Sounds good in theory, but her house is somewhat of a dead spot as far as indoor mobile signals are concerned (one of the reasons she doen't have a mobile). Not sure how the emergency backup will work.

Thanks for coming back to us iinweed,

We would still install the EBUL equipment for you, if the mobile signal is not enough to connect to our network it would then be your choice if you wish to keep this.

Kind regards Jodi.