Useless Information from Resolution Team

Monday I received an email from VM Resolution Team 

Your complaint was about:
Cable > Customer Experience > Complaint Handling

And here’s our resolution to your complaint:

Resolution

Education given

The truth of the matter.

1. I still don't know when my Telephone land line died.

2. Why I had to use a Forum to get my complaint 'seen' by Virgin Media.

For those at VM who are not sure about what a Forum is:-

"a meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged". It is not a place of business that your front office/line should be doing.

3. We tried to ring you about the result of your recent complaint but we couldn’t get through.

After the engineer came out and changed my telephone connection from a line line to a VOIP like connection I received several telephone calls from VM asking if now was a good time to upgrade my package. All of these calls, as far as I can remember, after 18:00. That's when I blocked the number and started to look for a programmable voice answering system to say nothing in a long time, pressing several buttons to get to that point. 

4. We’ll hold your complaint open for 28 days from now. Please ring us on 0345 454 1111* to let us know if the resolution is good with you.

0345 454 1111 This the number that gets you nowhere. Is there an option for Customer Services or Complaints. Is there an Email address for either, you notice there are no "?" after these statements . Because VM use people to phone you to sell you stuff not to listen to complaints or register problems.

So Resolution Team if one of the nice VM Forum Staffers passes this on to you.

1. How long had my landline been dead considering my last message was November 10th.

2. If you don't have a VM phone (Because its dead) how can you get a fault report?

3. Where is my fault report?

4. Education Given. Well yes that's taught me a lesson. Don't bother phoning 0345 454 1111 again. 

If anything the lesson for other people would be use the Forum to get results if 0345 454 1111 is as robotic as usual.

Did you do a good job, well the Engineer did but the rest of it is sadly lacking and I don't think staff shortages, Covid or anything else  could explain it.

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Useless Information from Resolution Team

If you're not happy with the "education given" (and what reasonable person would be?), then eight weeks from the date VM first acknowledged your complaint you can escalate to the industry arbitration scheme CISAS.  Take it to them, ask for compensation for the lack of telephone and the shocking customer service.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the post Lawrence_1OF7.

The staff on the forum can help with most of what the telephone team can apart from package changes. 

If it was an area fault you can see when this began on the service status page, if not, we would test this when you contacted us regarding this. 

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
Lawrence_1OF7
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank for that Andruser

But first going to use paper mail explaining the situation "again". Cover all the bases.

Also asking about why am I paying for a land line when my phone is now VOIP, in view of the expected VM increases.

Then going down the other route.

Tried to bail out from VM TV services last year and then they doubled my broadband speed and left the basic TV package on.

I think its something to do with 'VM users' and if they fall below a certain number they are in trouble as a provider.

I don't watch VTV but have had only a few issues with the BB over many years, usually someone else digging through their cables.

Its just the 'robotic answering system' and no humans to talk too. I know we are in the middle of a pandemic but this is the standard operating procedure of VM.

But thanks for the input, its always nice to know your not alone shouting at another corporate don't care body.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos