cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent - Repairing phone line

Darrenje
Joining in

This is a rant at how customer service is failing.

Since Saturday my elderly and frail mother’s phone line is currently down, two service appointments have been cancelled, so she is without a landline which she depends upon until at least Thursday 7th, she has an emergency paging device attached to this line, which can’t be accessed.

she doesn’t know her security answers and gets very flustered and stressed whilst trying to access the help she needs, unfortunately we can’t always be there to help as she lives alone, how can I get this repaired urgently?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Darrenje

Thanks for posting. Apologies for the phone line issue. 

If there is an area fault then a tech would be cancelled as it's not an in house fault as such.

I'll PM though just to check everything for you.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Darrenje

Thanks for posting. Apologies for the phone line issue. 

If there is an area fault then a tech would be cancelled as it's not an in house fault as such.

I'll PM though just to check everything for you.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi,

I have replied via pm

Thanks for providing those details @Darrenje

I can see there is an outage currently. Fault reference F009322032. The estimated fix date is today at 4pm

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Hopefully it’ll be fixed then.

Pop us a message (publicly) as I go at 3.30pm if not sorted and we can check 🙂

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Good news then bad news.

the line was fixed for a couple of hours, it’s now down again.

Hi,

Thanks for coming back to me. 

I've checked this for you and the outage has been fixed. 

Is everything now working?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

No, constant engaged tone, no dial tone from phone.

Hi we've refreshed it here, can you try it now?

Kind regards.

John_GS
Forum Team