cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade from Legacy Tivo Box and Hub - Landline Phone

IanL3
On our wavelength

Hi, I am upgrading from a previous model hub and legacy Tivo box to Hub 5 and TV 360 box. The new kit should be delivered on 1st February. I have been looking online to get a general idea in advance of what is involved with installation. I have an existing Virgin landline phone connected to my existing setup. I gather that when I connect my existing landline phone to the new setup, I will be given a new number and that it will take up to 10 days to for my existing number to be restored. Will the restoration of my existing number happen automatically or will I have to request this from Virgin - if so what is the procedure please? Any advicce on this will be much appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

IanL3
On our wavelength

Hi, My existing Virgin landline phone is connected to the Virgin Hub. Looking again at the 2 websites I looked at about this I think I have misinterpreted what they said about this. They refer to installing a new TV 360 and Hub 5 from scratch rather than upgrading from an existing Virgin hub and box.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@IanL3 wrote:

Hi, I am upgrading from a previous model hub and legacy Tivo box to Hub 5 and TV 360 box. The new kit should be delivered on 1st February. I have been looking online to get a general idea in advance of what is involved with installation. I have an existing Virgin landline phone connected to my existing setup. I gather that when I connect my existing landline phone to the new setup, I will be given a new number and that it will take up to 10 days to for my existing number to be restored. Will the restoration of my existing number happen automatically or will I have to request this from Virgin - if so what is the procedure please? Any advicce on this will be much appreciated.

Where are you getting the information from about having to temporarily swap your landline number?

How do you receive your existing VM phone service (from the back of the VM hub or via a traditional telephone wall socket)?

IanL3
On our wavelength

Hi, My existing Virgin landline phone is connected to the Virgin Hub. Looking again at the 2 websites I looked at about this I think I have misinterpreted what they said about this. They refer to installing a new TV 360 and Hub 5 from scratch rather than upgrading from an existing Virgin hub and box.

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@IanL3 wrote:

Don't think an upgrade of your existing VM services would involve a telephone number transfer/swap of any kind.

If you were moving from another supplier to VM, VM would give you a temporary landline number until such time as your original number was ported from your previous supplier.

IanL3
On our wavelength

Good - thank you for your helpful answer.

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@IanL3 wrote:

Good - thank you for your helpful answer.

The VM forum team will reply here within a few days and should be able to confirm all the details of your upgrade for you.

Hi Hi IanL3, thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

goslow has advised you correctly in regard to retaining your landline number.  If you have any questions regarding the migration, you can find the answers here.  I would like to take a look on your behalf, in regard to your delivery and equipment. I am going to send you a private message. Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

IanL3
On our wavelength

Hi Lee - I have just seen this after my repky to your message - I will reply further with details Ian

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi IanL3, thanks for getting back to me privately.  
This is just a quick note to confirm you're satisfied with the response and efforts of the forum team?  Remember, if you ever need assistance in the future, our fantastic community and forum team are always willing to lend a hand. Please bear in mind, you can manage your account from here. Your online account, will give you access to your bills, show your package details, diagnose any possible faults and enable you to monitor any orders and appointments you may have. 
Regards
Lee_R

IanL3
On our wavelength

Hi Lee, Noted. Many thanks for your help and advice. Regards, Ian