cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unbelievably once again not possible to phone international numbers

B9b
Joining in

This is the same problem as in December 2021- February 2022.  Every time I try to phone an international number, even my own Irish mobile that I have beside me, I get an engaged tone.  I am paying £92 a month for a service, an element of which is defective.  An engineer is scheduled to visit but last time this was arranged, they advised there was no point them coming as it was not a fault they could resolve at the house.  I understand it may be an issue with service codes but they are unsure why this is happening.  I just need to know VM's account department's details as I shall be billing for every day I am without this service and I have to use my mobile phone for international calls.  This is a bit rubbish!

30 REPLIES 30

Hi there @B9b, unfortunately this isn't something we are able to provide via the forum. If you are unhappy with how things have been with this you can raise a complaint as per our complaints code of practice here.

I have checked our system and can see they are still actively investigating this issue for you, please allow them the opportunity to try and have this investigated so they can work towards getting a resolution.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Hi Nathan,

Thank you for this.  It is the waiting for it to be resolved is the issue.  Every day I phone VM contact centre and they advise me that someone will get back to me within 48 hours and they do, to tell me the matter is being investigated, however, I infer they have no knowledge or awareness as to the issue, let alone a solution.  The IT section/Escalation section appear to exist in an impenetrable vacuum and each day I am advised to either wait for an engineer (initially) and now regular 48 hour intervals to see if they can find out what the problem is and therefore a solution.  For each period of waiting, there is still no service and they have advised they will not compensate me for it, until they find a solution.  

I am sure the Code of Practice is being adhered to, however this just places me in an interminable wait for either an engineer or someone to phone me back at 48 hour intervals to advise me they are looking into it.  It's not the Code of Practice I am complaining about, it's the inability to find out why I cannot dial out International + 353 numbers (mobile and landlines).  

In any event, i have researched the following person to whom I shall write:

Nicola Green

Virgin Media Business Limited

500 Brook Drive, Reading, RG2 6UU

B9b
Joining in

In the event that anyone is remotely interested, I have been phoning VM contact centre everyday this week to advise and inform the matter has still not been sorted out - cannot dial any +353 number, all engaged, even my own Irish mobile that is beside me - I was advised that VM IT said the problem had been sorted out. I informed them it has not, as the issue still exists and I have asked for a Deadlock Letter as part of my complaint to OFCOM.  Tonight I was advised IT have up to 10 working days to resolve it!  Can you provide any isight into this, other than and please don't say just wait the 10 working days till they investigate it?

Hi @B9b

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community.

Can you receive calls from Ireland to the land line?

Is it just outgoing calls that can not be made?

Please pop back to me when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Yes, it's only outgoing calls I cannot make.  I either have to make them on my mobile or get someone to phone me back, expensive either way and not the service I am paying for.  I try to make calls to my Irish mobile that is right beside me from the land line and it is engaged!

Thanks for coming back to us B9b,

We will get this investigated for you. Before we bring you in for a private chat, can we ask if you have any international call barring on your landline?

Kind regards Jodi. 

I do not have any barring on my phone of any sort, for the avoidance of doubt the issue is making outgoing calls to ALL +353 numbers, mobile & landline 

Many thanks for confirming B9b,

I will pop you over a private message to check investigate this further for you. Please click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Thanks for getting back to me B9b,

I did contact my colleague in our 2nd line faults team for you, who advised me they have been in contact and spoken to you already.

They are looking in to this as a matter of urgency, and as soon as they have any further updates they will be in contact with you.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Hi, 

Thank you for following this up.

kind regards,

Huong