cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unbelievably once again not possible to phone international numbers

B9b
Joining in

This is the same problem as in December 2021- February 2022.  Every time I try to phone an international number, even my own Irish mobile that I have beside me, I get an engaged tone.  I am paying £92 a month for a service, an element of which is defective.  An engineer is scheduled to visit but last time this was arranged, they advised there was no point them coming as it was not a fault they could resolve at the house.  I understand it may be an issue with service codes but they are unsure why this is happening.  I just need to know VM's account department's details as I shall be billing for every day I am without this service and I have to use my mobile phone for international calls.  This is a bit rubbish!

30 REPLIES 30

Hi, the engineer (Jay) visited yesterday afternoon and advised there is no issue with our set up here that would affect my ability to phone international numbers.  The phone worked briefly for a time yesterday but now it does not work.  I phoned VM again this evening and they are going to escalate the matter. I now have to wait another 24/48 hours for an update.  Is there nothing you can do?

Thanks for coming back to us @B9b, if we can politely ask you to allow the 48 hour period to elapse and then try the phone when making an international call.

If this issue persists beyond the 48 hour time frame, do please report back to us and we can pick this back up for you

Kindest regards,

David_Bn 

Thank you for your reply but my limit for politeness is being stretched.  I will wait again for the 48 hours to elapse but quite what is going to change (other than for a temporary restoration of the complete service only for it to fail again), I am unclear but VM have know about this issue since November 2021 and I have at best an intermittent service that I do not know when next will either be restored temporarily, or could fail again without any warning or reason.  Also, why does it take 48 hours per time when VM have known about the issue for so long?

Please note and be aware that I shall be charing VM back not just for the days when there has been no service but also for my time daily requesting a solution.  I am in any event researching alternative VOIP providers as I cannot rely on the VM telephone system for a complete service.

B9b
Joining in

Hi, it’s still not possible for to me make +353 International calls from my landline. On the phone again to VM who keep saying to wait 24 hours more & that no compensation will be possible until they diagnose the problem. Going to cancel all services shortly & seek compensation accordingly. It’s appallingly poor service.

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I apologise this is the case - did the team confirm the reason for the 24 hours? Is there something taking place on the account? 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

The have to re-escalate the matter to the IT dept as they (IT) claim one of the numbers I gave them is not in service - which is impossible because I was there yesterday (in Ireland) using the landline very effectively.  Either they took it down wrong or they are using this an excuse for their inability to resolve the problem.  Each time I phone them, I am told to wait yet another 24/48 hours.  Also, the girl I spoke to claimed that neither she nor I could speak with the IT Dept but she would advise them afresh of my issue.  Yet when I spoke to her colleague in billing and accounts about what compensation I might receive, they advised none until they diagnosed the problem and he said he would phone IT but spoke to the same person I had been speaking with and confirmed she is in the IT section.  You really need more control over these agents, it is not a good look for a communications company.  In any event I am preparing my own invoice for VM accounts and legal (to include all my bills from Gift Gaff/O2) and my time spent trying to resolve this.  Is there noting you could do to get them to resolve this before you lose a customer?

Re: Is there something taking place on the account? Not that I am aware of, as I asked what was the status of my compensation for not being able to have a service for which I am paying £92 per month and they told me none until they resolved the problem that they have been unable to since approximately November 2021.  This is the definitely worst experience I have ever had with any utility or business.

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

There isn't as if there was it wouldn't be because 1 person can and the others can't - we all use the same system in which if it has been raised to IT, it would be for them to resolve. We wouldn't want to lose you as a customer, but we can't stop you and if you feel that what would be best to do the number to call would be 0345 454 1111. 

I am sure that the agent you have spoken with have done all they can at the point before it being raised. 

I can only apologise for the inconvenience caused at this time - the team will be working hard to resolve. 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

Your response does not install confidence in either the IT section or customer retention.  I shan't leave without obtaining compensation for my time and lack of service. I am determined to see this through by whatever means, even if this results in a civil case via the Small Claims Court.  

B9b
Joining in

Hi,

Could you provide me with either the name or number or e-mail address ()preferably all three) for the VM Head of UK Networks?

Thank you

Brian Heffernan