cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unbelievably once again not possible to phone international numbers

B9b
Joining in

This is the same problem as in December 2021- February 2022.  Every time I try to phone an international number, even my own Irish mobile that I have beside me, I get an engaged tone.  I am paying £92 a month for a service, an element of which is defective.  An engineer is scheduled to visit but last time this was arranged, they advised there was no point them coming as it was not a fault they could resolve at the house.  I understand it may be an issue with service codes but they are unsure why this is happening.  I just need to know VM's account department's details as I shall be billing for every day I am without this service and I have to use my mobile phone for international calls.  This is a bit rubbish!

30 REPLIES 30

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @B9b,

Welcome back to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

I am sorry to hear you're having the same issue again.

I have checked our systems and can not see an engineer visit has been scheduled? How was this booked?

I note from your previous PM's with my colleague, you advised the engineer who came out had to refer this to Open Reach and the issue was subsequently resolved. Can I ask what steps were previously taken to resolve this as I can't see any other info on the system?

Thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Dear Ayisha B,

Thank you for your reply.  The engineers visit was booked yesterday as I complained to the contact centre (150 etc.) and they arranged it. 

I do not know what steps were taken to resolve this in the past, no one seems to know either the fault or the solution.  It's a bit worrying that it can happen again so randomly.  I am suspicious that VM are metering and regulating my use of use of the system.

Hi @B9b,

That's odd, as I was unable to locate an appointment on our system. 

Did the team confirm a date and time?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

I received this text yesterday - 

Hi it's Virgin Media. Our technician will be with you on Tue 26 Apr between 12pm-4pm. Please make sure someone over 18 is home.

If your services start working again, reply FIXED to cancel this visit. A £25 charge will be added to your next bill if you miss this visit.

I'm going to pop you a PM @B9b so I can some more details and take a closer look into this.

Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope icon in the top right hand corner of your page for my message.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

Ok, thank you

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for confirming the details as requested via PM @B9b

I was able to locate your details now. Apologies for any confusion caused, I was initially searching using your Forum credentials which explains why there was no work order showing. 

I can see an engineer is due out indeed so I would suggest waiting for the visit to go ahead and then posting back here with their findings. 

We'll take it from there accordingly. 

Many thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

Ok and thank you but bear in mind when this happened before the engineer cancelled the visit before they attended because they said it is not something they could resolve at the house and that it was an issue with a service code.  I have checked with accounts and we are paid up to date and have the international facility on our service.  Most unusual that it should fail again.  You will understand that I am not optimistic and I am looking at VOIP alternatives and options.  Can you advise VM that I have no option but to recover my costs in time and personal mobile numbers dialled, while this element of the service is down.

I can appreciate your concerns @B9b and depending on what this engineer now advises, we will go from there. 

Many thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team