cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to make or receive calls on landline

cphipps
Joining in

No dialling tone, not able to make or receive calls on my landline at all. 

3 REPLIES 3

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey cphipps, thanks for reaching out on our help forum and a warm welcome to our community.

We're sorry to hear you're facing issues with your landline at the minute, based on our initial checks there doesn't seem to be a network issue affecting you however we're here to help you.

Can you please kindly confirm if your line connects via the wall socket currently?
Also, how many devices do you have connected to this line and has any of them got a dial tone before typing a number in to call?
Would you be able to remove all secondary handsets and test one of them directly at the master socket (big white with VM logo on it) to see if you get a dial tone there?
Let us know of the above and we're glad to assist.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thank you.

Yes, connected to wall socket. 2 other devices, none has a dial tone. I tested another handset and checked service levels before using this forum. It's happened before.

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for your prompt reply and for confirming this, cphipps.

Sorry to hear this did not resolve the issue and that it's happened before.

In order to enable us to assist further, I will send you a private message here shortly.
Please, check the top right-hand side for the purple envelope. Click on this and you'll see my message.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs