cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to dial out

GaryB77
Tuning in

I am not able to make calls from my landline.  I have dial tone, but when I dial, the DTMF tones sound and the dial tone returns.

The call does not connect.  I can receive calls, and have tried a hardwired handset connected to the main socket, but no change.

VM status checker reports no faults in the area.  It does not let me initiate a line check, returning a "page not found"  error.  Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @GaryB77,

thanks for your post.

I'm sorry to see that you are having issues with your landline, thanks for completing some troubleshooting checks already. Are you finding you are unable to call all numbers or is this just on specific numbers?

I have also checked our systems and indeed it does not look like this is due to any area issues.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Hi Nathan,

Thanks for the response. This is happening with all attempted calls: mobile, landline or "short" numbers.

I will do some other checks this morning, any ideas gratefully received.

Regards,

Gary

Thanks for coming back to me Gary, sounds like I may also need to run some checks on your account for this.

I'm going to send you a PM to confirm your details,

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

To close the loop.

Nathan arranged for a technician visit next day (i.e. today if you are reading in real time).  VM had not detected a fault remotely at that time.

A few hours after that message, the fault disappeared, and I was able to cancel the call-out.  I had not changed my phone equipment.

This morning, I received a text from VM saying that they had fixed the network issue affecting my services.  It looks as though there was some subtle fault somewhere.  I am glad that it has gone away!