cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to dial certain numbers

BeepBopHughsie
Joining in

Hi I'm trying to call a number from both my virgin home phone and virgin mobile and it tells me it's an incorrect number.  When I call the same number from Vodaphone it goes through fine.

When I spoke to the end carrier they tell me that they do not see the number hit their SBC.  The number is configured fine on their system and I can call it fine on net too.  

This leads me to the conclusion that your inter carrier routing may need updating or your system needs to be aware of this number.

Can you PM me back so I can provide the details

8 REPLIES 8

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello BeepBopHughsie

Sorry to hear this 

Can we first ask what number you are dialling 

Is it a mobile, landline or different number 

Do you have any call barring on that may be stopping the number being dialled 

Gareth_L

Hi

Its a London number 0207766xxxx.  I can ring other London numbers so there is no barring.  

can you speak to your networks team and ask them if they have a route for this number and if they do can they trace it through their onward carriers to its destination

Thanks.

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post.]

Hi BeepBopHughsie,

Thanks for coming back to us. 

We'll test the number on this end for you so we can determine whether this is an issue on our network. I'll pop you over a PM now so I can take some details and look into this for you.

Please look out for my PM over at the purple envelope.

Kind regards

Beth

Beth

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi BeepBopHughsie,

Thanks for confirming the details for me via PM.

I have now raised this with our Second Line Landline Faults Team who will seek to contact you within 48 hours to discuss this further. They should be contacting you on the contact number you provided to me earlier.

Do let us know once the team has got in touch and if you need anything else.

Beth

Beth

Hi,

Good news 0 20 7766 3364 works now.  Could you apply the same magic to the following numbers

0 20 7766 3363, 0 20 7766 3365, 0 20 7766 3367 and 0 20 7766 3357.

Thanks!

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for letting us know that numbers working @BeepBopHughsie. I've raised another work order for the other numbers so the team can get those sorted as well. I'll check for an update in a couple of days and get back to you. 

Tom 

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

@BeepBopHughsie just to let you know this hasn't been forgotten about. I can't see any progress with the work order so I have contacted the relevant teams to push things along, and will get back to you with another update asap. 

Tom

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi BeepBopHughsie, when checking the work order today the notes indicate all is fixed now - I do hope that's the case?

If there's anything else we can help with please let me know.

Tom