cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URGENT HELP REQUIRED No phone line

hbaxter
Tuning in

I've learnt this evening of the death of a close relative who suddenly dropped dead whilst walking and doesn't live in the UK. I urgently need a phone line and can't use my mobile all the time as the signal in our house is appalling, the signal is frequently lost and I need to phone Ireland. I tried to check the status phoning 150 from the mobile tonight but can't get a resolution. I tried to call back after 10 minutes whilst the checks were run but there was no update. I've tried this twice. The password I thought was correct is not so I can't get to speak to anyone. I need the phone tomorrow to call many relatives, friends, the police, and the authorities etc plus other relatives who are not local in the UK. Please help. I need the landline.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Martin_N wrote:

Hi hbaxter,

Thank you for your post. My condolences for your loss. 

I am sorry to hear about the issue with your Mobile Signal. 

Does it improve in any part of the house? 

Is this happening in just one location or multiple?

^Martin

I am reading this OP's post differently as a query about a landline (which is required because the mobile signal is poor).

I think the OP is reporting a landline that is not working.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi hbaxter,

^Martin

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Martin_N wrote:

Hi hbaxter,

^Martin

I am reading this OP's post differently as a query about a landline (which is required because the mobile signal is poor).

I think the OP is reporting a landline that is not working.

Yes, you have read correct. It is the landline that is down. The new BT cordless phone says Line cord error. We plugged the phone into the socket where it comes into the house but no joy. I have a corded landline that I'm going to find to try now but we think it's outside up from the road. We've had problems before. There's a connection in the line. With all the rain, I think it's got damp. My husband has sprayed WD40 on it to no avail. We need to book an engineer to come out? How do I do that? It's all automated and I don't seem to be able to get to speak to anyone. Please help.

Thank you for that clarification. My apologies for the confusion. 

To be able to look into this further, I will private message you now. 

^Martin

hbaxter
Tuning in

An engineer did come out thenext day to our local area box to fix the general landline issue in the area.

Thanks for coming back to us hbaxter and I'm glad that your issues have been resolved.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L