cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn off voicemail on landline

Astralscout
Tuning in

Hi, could someone please let me know how to disable 1571. I can't find the option online or when i dial the number.

TIA

37 REPLIES 37

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for your cooperation over PM Stu42,

The voicemail should be removed within the next 24 hours.

Let us know if you require assistance with this.

Kind regards,

Kain

KGriff
On our wavelength

Will that apply to my VM/account too Kain_W? As my voicemail service is still active?

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there KGriff,

To clarify was this not removed previously by our team?

Regards,

Kain

KGriff
On our wavelength

Yes, the voicemail service was removed/switched off at one stage Kain_W (you may possibly recall I lodged a complaint to get it sorted). Then two or three weeks afterwards (out the blue) for no reason, it automatically reappeared on the home phone/account again, despite no changes to my account from me at this end.

I contacted yourself initially, you were looking into the matter and that was just as you were about to go on holiday (according to your message) and so then I contacted VM Support by Phone (150) and they said it would be switched off - it wasn’t. I waited the usual 24 hours, but dialling 1571 shows it’s still in place after a message was left… it’s been enabled for a few weeks now.

I’ve then come back here to try to get it resolved and it was last being looked into by yourself and/or Paulina_Z, the latter who kindly took the baton from you to get it sorted, or so I thought?

Anyhow, it’s still switched on. I would really (really)like it switched off please.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for getting back to us, 

I can see that Paulina invited you into a PM, has anymore messages been exchanged through that channel for this?

Also has a reason been given for the service to be switched back on?

Let us know,

Kain

KGriff
On our wavelength

Kain_W

No reason was given as to why the voicemail was turned back on. I have received a message from Paulina_Z to say she has checked my account and voicemail is shown as switched off - well a few seconds ago I called my Home whilst my wife was on the phone and my call was diverted to the VM voicemail service and I left a test message. I am able to listen to that message now by dealing 1571 from our Home phone… so it’s definitely not switched off.

Hi there @KGriff

I am so sorry to hear that Voicemail is still working on the account, are you able to pop back into the PM so Paulina can continue to look into this with you? 

Thank you.

KGriff
On our wavelength

Yes of course Ashleigh_C I will wait to hear back from Paulina. Thanks