cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Truecall and Virgin Fibre phone

SJL22
Tuning in

Virgin have just switched us to fibre network for phone calls, we have added the fibre phone adaptor to the hub through our Truecall phone interception machine but have issues - outgoing calls seem OK, all incoming calls inc starred callers the home phone rings only twice, not the usual 8-10, then goes straight to Truecall message system, if we pick up before second ring then we hear nothing from the caller, no sounds - we have tried between home phone and our mobile in same room, same result, Truecall software picks up both incoming and outgoing calls, we have re-booted, tested all connections etc. Any thoughts.

6 REPLIES 6

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @SJL22,

Welcome, thanks for posting.

I am sorry for the issue with your landline.

I will send you a private message so I can help you with the incoming calls.

Look out for a purple envelope.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

goslow
Alessandro Volta

For the purposes of testing, if you connect the phone direct to the VM hub (using the adapter) and leave the trueCall out of the equation, does caller ID show up on the phone handset reliably and does the phone behave normally with regard to ringing etc., minus the trueCall unit?

It would probably also be worth placing a call to trueCall support for further advice. There is a difference in the connections via the hub adapter compared with a telephone master socket and how ringing is presented to the trueCall device.

Past topics on here regarding trueCall issues have usually been related to caller ID on VM lines. In those past cases, trueCall have been able to remotely dial into the trueCall unit and tweak the configuration to suit the VM line. This may need something similar but trueCall would be best placed to advise on this (assuming there is no fault with the VM connection itself, which you should be able to test using just the phone itself and no trueCall device).

yes, incoming calls OK if I miss out the Truecall and go direct to hub

I have raised an issue with Truecall

thanks (so far)

I have been in touch with TrueCall, they were quick to respond to my contact through their TrueCall help function, after a couple of phone calls from TrueCall they downloaded some updated software to my TrueCall unit, which after some adjustment the next morning, and another couple of calls from TrueCall, all now seems to be working ok, thanks to Virgin for initial advice which enabled me to confirm it was a TrueCall issue not a Virgin issue, and thanks to TrueCall not only for an excellent piece of software but for being able to remedy the problem without requiring a new TrueCall unit circa £100, my present unit is now 10 years old and still working fine. Problem resolved now.

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@SJL22 wrote:

I have been in touch with TrueCall, they were quick to respond to my contact through their TrueCall help function, after a couple of phone calls from TrueCall they downloaded some updated software to my TrueCall unit, which after some adjustment the next morning, and another couple of calls from TrueCall, all now seems to be working ok, thanks to Virgin for initial advice which enabled me to confirm it was a TrueCall issue not a Virgin issue, and thanks to TrueCall not only for an excellent piece of software but for being able to remedy the problem without requiring a new TrueCall unit circa £100, my present unit is now 10 years old and still working fine. Problem resolved now.

The upfront cost of the trueCall unit is relatively high but, IMO, the support is where the product scores highly over other call blockers and the BT phones with trueCall built in.

Can't say I have encountered any trueCall issues myself on my device but, in the topics which have cropped up on here, they all seem to have been resolved successfully via some remote reconfiguration of the unit by trueCall support.

Thanks for the update SJL22,

Glad to hear this is now resolved for you. If you have any further issues in the future, please come back to us through this channel.

Kind regards Jodi.