cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring from BT

adavid27
Joining in

Almost at the point of pulling the trigger to move from BT to VM.

I have a couple of questions though with regards the timing of the move:

We will need to cancel our BT contract (and pay the charges for leaving the contract early), do we need to arrange the BT cancellation first, or do we go ahead with the VM order?

Do we need to allow time for BT to do their stuff before we go ahead with the installation, or can we book the installation for ASAP and then contact BT?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @adavid27 thanks for your reply.

Okay - in that case, you'll need to go and speak to Virgin Media Sales Team first. If you schedule your disconnection with BT first, we physically cannot take over the number if it's got a disconnection request associated with it.

Our Sales Team are available on 0800 052 0238, so please give them a call and let them know you want us to take over your landline number and they'll guide you through the rest of the process.

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need any further support with this. 

Many thanks

Tom_W

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @adavid27, thanks for your post although I'm sorry to hear of your concerns raised.

It all depends on the date we've given you for our proposed install, but if you want to time the cancellation of your BT contract for the date we've given you then that generally works best for lots of customers.

However, it can vary if you're porting a landline number over from your previous provider - it's just not apparent if you're referring to this in your original message unfortunately.

Can you please confirm if you're porting your landline number over from BT? 

Many thanks

Tom_W

Yes, we will be porting the landline number

Hi @adavid27 thanks for your reply.

Okay - in that case, you'll need to go and speak to Virgin Media Sales Team first. If you schedule your disconnection with BT first, we physically cannot take over the number if it's got a disconnection request associated with it.

Our Sales Team are available on 0800 052 0238, so please give them a call and let them know you want us to take over your landline number and they'll guide you through the rest of the process.

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need any further support with this. 

Many thanks

Tom_W

Many thanks for the fast responses!!

Hi @adavid27 thanks your kind words - you're very welcome!

Take care and we look forward to you joining us.

Many thanks

Tom_W