cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring Previous Landline Number

MachoBears
Joining in

Hi there,

I have been contacted by VM via text message in order to start / continue the landline number transfer, yet after an extremely unhelpful exchange where they couldn't verify my password, despite giving it to them correctly twice, I thought I'd try and see if I could get through online. Live Chat then directed me to "WhatsApp", as if that would help anything.

I just want to be able to talk to someone without it costing me more money via text messaging services, so that I can get my landline number up and running again, and this seems to be the only way to actually talk to anyone directly.

4 REPLIES 4

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Macho Bears, welcome to the community! Thank you for posting!

Sincerest apologies for your experience with us so far trying to get this landline number transfer sorted. 

Before moving forward it is important just to check a few steps are in place to allow the number port. 

1) Is the number still active with the current provider? (This is necessary for the number to port)

2) Have you given notice to the current landline provider to disconnect the account? 

Some providers will not process a number port if there is an open disconnection order on their system, if this is the case you will need to contact the provider to cancel the disconnection until we are able to port the number. 

If these steps are in place to allow the number port then we will need to send you a PM to confirm a few account details along with:
•  The number you wish to port.
•  The post code that the current provider has (in case you are moving address when porting/changing providers).
•  The name of your current provider.

Let us know your current situation with the number provider and we can offer further support!

All the best. 

Molly

Hi Molly,

I've been trying to get in touch with absolutely anyone from Virgin Media for two weeks, however since you only offer calls it's a bit difficult to do so as I do not currently have a phone and my mobile device costs too much to send texts to.

If possible I would simply like a completely different / new number with my address, and since you are the only person from Virgin to contact me directly, I would like to ask for your help in resolving this.

Thanks again

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi MachoBears,

Thanks for coming back to us. We can certainly request a number change for you on your account if this is what you require.

I will pop you across a private message to take some details from you. Please click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Glad to hear you're landline is now up and running for you MachoBears,

If you have any further issues, please come back to us through this channel.

I have included a link here https://www.virginmedia.com/help/landline/landline-not-working for the future in case any further help may be needed.

All the best Jodi.