cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer of telephone port from another provider and pre installation team

Fogey
Joining in

Hi ,

I have just joined but can already see that other customers are and having similar problems .I  find it poor customer practice if I am told to contact pre installation team and I am unable to find any option on the telephone or website to address the issue.

We returned to Virgin Media from Sky in January 2022 and asked for our  landline number to be transferred from Sky .

An engineer set up the hub , Tv box and broadband on 17 th.  January ,informing us that the number would be transferred over in about 10 days and giving us a temporary telephone number.

Since then on at least 3 occasions I have spent over an hour on the telephone to  0345 454 1111 patiently chasing progress with operators who have not been able to progress the matter or filled me with any confidence  (apart from a very helpful lady who was based in the North East of England whom I spoke to in March) .

In February I submitted a complaint about the lack of progress and stressing the inconvenience of still having a temporary phone number .

I also wrote to Sky who indicated that Virgin had  not asked for the telephone port to be transferred at that stage.

The helpful operator I spoke to in March , informed me our account was in inactive status . I found this surprising since the equipment had been delivered well before the engineer installed it in January , and internet , TV work fine and the phone operates ( albeit on the temporary number ) 

Perhaps the inactive status is  not surprising since despite setting up a direct debit , we have not yet been charged by Virgin Media .

The Complaint Resolutions Team responded promptly in February and again today when I raised further  complaints last week  ,e.g. - one operator me he was putting me through to the pre- installation team which  went to a recorded message telling me this  was an inactive number . Another operator was to ring me back regarding activating my account but has not done  to date.

We are fogeys and have limited IT knowledge .

I feel we are going round in circles and wonder if the pre- installation team actually exists and also  wonder if it was worth changing provider to reduce costs and we ought to to ask Virgin to take their equipment back . We  had no such problems when we were with Virgin Media before .

Any helpful suggestions , advice etc would be welcome.

Thank you

Fogey

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Fogey,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, we are sorry to hear about your experience so far since trying to re-join us, when you join us and bring a number over this usually happens around 10 Days after your account becomes active as long as the number is still active with your previous Telephone provider, I will happily have a look to see what is going on, I will send you an invite into a private chat, once received please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Fogey,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, we are sorry to hear about your experience so far since trying to re-join us, when you join us and bring a number over this usually happens around 10 Days after your account becomes active as long as the number is still active with your previous Telephone provider, I will happily have a look to see what is going on, I will send you an invite into a private chat, once received please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

From one Fogey to another,

Thank you for joining me in a private chat and clearing Security, glad I was able to get your port arranged, if you have any issues and this still hasn't been done after the date advised please let us know, have a great holiday.

Regards

Paul.

Will do

Many thanks again

Fogey

You are very welcome, stay safe.

Regards

Paul.