cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer of landline to HUB 3.0 box

Borderastrowalk
Joining in

Yesterday 27/08/21 I had to change my landline connection from the socket in the wall to the back of my WIFI Hub3.0 as instructed by Virgin if I am to keep my landline.. It did not work. I then spent several hours on the phone listening to music before being transferred through at least three people to a member of 'The Team'. I am still no further forward except that due to alterations made at the Virgin end I can still dial out via my socket in the wall but incoming calls are not activating the ringer on my phone and are not even reaching the phone. This is costing me money as all of my business stationery uses the landline number. I do not intend to spend my whole weekend on the phone to Virgin. If this is not resolved soon I will be going to the local press in Carlisle to inform them of the difficulty getting anything done about a problem instigated by Virgin Media and offering extra goodies which I am not interested in.

15 REPLIES 15

Hi - same problem again since transferring landline to WIFI . I have a dial tone and can dial out and people could dial my landline and reach me. I have found out today that is no longer the case. I can dial out but nobody can dial my landline [Removed]. They get a ring tone on their phone but it does not ring on my home phone. I need this resolving now as almost all of my business clients only have my landline number,

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Borderastrowalk., 

thanks for reaching out again, sorry you are having the same issue. I can see you have been in touch with our team were they able to assist or resolve this for you? 

Zoie

Yes it was resolved. The line began working normally the day after the changeover and  a planned visit by an engineer for today (Tuesday ) was cancelled. Then, later today, I received a phone call from a relative to my mobile to tell me that I was not answering my landline. I checked using my mobile phone and heard it ringing out tone on the mobile but it was not ringing on the landline itself. The fault does not  affect me ringing people using the landline but people cannot get through to me. This is the original fault back again since the changeover to the WIFI box.

I am extremely unhappy about this as the landline is the number that most people use to contact me, business and friends. My mobile number is not widely available.

Hi Borderastrowalk,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your landline services looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration after your home phone switchover from socket to Hub. I would be more than happy to look into this for you.

I would like to ask a few questions first of all to try and get a better understanding of the issue -

• How is your handset plugged in - 1) Straight into the Hub. 2) Plugged into the Hub via an adapter as your current phone lead will not connect to the Hub. 3) Or, into the wall socket, with another lead plugged into the Hub?
  • Have you got a spare handset you could use to see if your current one is faulty?
  • Has the team you just spoke to on the phone mentioned they will forward this to a telephone faults team?

Thanks,

Megan_L

Hi, I tried again this morning phoning my landline from my mobile and it worked fine.  I then rang my daughter and asked her to ring my landline and once again it worked. So since I complained yesterday somebody or something has solved the problem, but I am very wary of it happening again. I will need to check the line by phoning it at least once a day.

To answer your question the master phone (with integrated answering machine of a 4 phone set) is plugged into the WIFI via the connector supplied by Virgin when I was advised of the forthcoming changeover.

I hope that the matter is now resolved only time will tell.

David

Hello Borderastrowalk

Thats good to hear all is working okay 

Can we please ask that the minute it goes down again "we know it wont" but if it does. 

Please pop back on here again and we can investigate this for you 

Gareth_L