cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer of landline to HUB 3.0 box

Borderastrowalk
Joining in

Yesterday 27/08/21 I had to change my landline connection from the socket in the wall to the back of my WIFI Hub3.0 as instructed by Virgin if I am to keep my landline.. It did not work. I then spent several hours on the phone listening to music before being transferred through at least three people to a member of 'The Team'. I am still no further forward except that due to alterations made at the Virgin end I can still dial out via my socket in the wall but incoming calls are not activating the ringer on my phone and are not even reaching the phone. This is costing me money as all of my business stationery uses the landline number. I do not intend to spend my whole weekend on the phone to Virgin. If this is not resolved soon I will be going to the local press in Carlisle to inform them of the difficulty getting anything done about a problem instigated by Virgin Media and offering extra goodies which I am not interested in.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

PBou
Dialled in

Just had my engineer who admitted he didn't understand BT installations and had had no training to swap me over, despite booking an engineer because my hose has BT wired extensions that I need to keep active. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

15 REPLIES 15

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Borderastrowalk,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for posting. 

I am sorry to hear you've been having some issues with your landline since the switchover. I will pop you a PM now so we can take some details and look into this further for you. 

Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope icon in the top right hand corner of your page to access your inbox. 

Speak soon!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

PBou
Dialled in

Just had my engineer who admitted he didn't understand BT installations and had had no training to swap me over, despite booking an engineer because my hose has BT wired extensions that I need to keep active. 

Hi @PBou,

Welcome back to our Community Forums.

Can you please create your own thread so we can look into any issues you are having further?

Thank you

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

I have created my own topic, but letting this poster know I have a similar problem.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks @PBou, I have responded to you on your thread. 

Cheers

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

How do I set up a thread?

Use the grey "Post a Question" box in the Purple band at the top of the page to set up your own questions.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for confirming the details as requested via PM @Borderastrowalk

I have booked a technician visit for you to get this sorted. You can find confirmation of the time and date via your online account

If there's any issues, let me know. 

Keep us posted on how it goes. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

@Borderastrowalk,

As per your PM, I can confirm I have cancelled the technician visit. 

I am glad that you have managed to get the line working and I do appreciate the feedback provided regarding the printed instructions. 

Don't hesitate to reach out to us if you need help with anything else.

Hope you have a lovely weekend 🙂

Ayisha_B
Forum Team