Menu
tombrs
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Transfer landline telephone number from Sky to VM

Hi,

I currently have a Sky home phone and my VM telephone is due to be installed next Monday 20th May.  I want to transfer my home telephone number from Sky to Virgin.

I have done a search and seen lots of different answers:

a) I have to wait until I actually have the new VM phone line then contact Sky, as a number transfer can only be one on an 'active' number; but I then have to contact Sky

b) I should request from Sky the transfer beforehand

c) I should contact VM well beforehand and they will organise it all with Sky

d) I should wait until I have my new VM phone then call 150 on my VM phone to get it done and VM will organise it then

Which is it? 

Thanks for help - need a concrete answer from a VM person.

Tom

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Transfer landline telephone number from Sky to VM

Its C, virgin are the winning provider so they deal with the number port.

Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi tombrs,

Thanks for your first post and welcome to our forums page.

As @jb66 has correctly said, you would need to let us know that you would like to transfer your number over to us. You don't need to wait until your services are installed, you can give us a call on 0800 052 1509 to get this arranged. 

Please be aware that only the phone line will be cancelled when we take over the phone number, you would still need to speak to Sky to arrange the cancellation of your other services. 

Thanks

Lindsey_C

0 Kudos
tombrs
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

great, thanks
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

You're more than welcome. 

Looking forward to you joining us.

Lindsey_C

0 Kudos
tombrs
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Lindsey,

Thanks but going to cancel the contract if the billing issue is not resolved within 3 days.  Forum is fine but I am fed up with the hopeless Virgin 'customer service'.  After several phone calls it was agreed that my contract cost for Vivid 100 + TalkWeekends would be £29 per month for 12 months.  All fine.  Except that your webchat people ignore this and have just sent me a contract for £49 per month PLUS £40 fee PLUS £25 activation cost.

I asked earlier about the telephone number transfer; now not going to do it having just received the incorrect contract.

Had enough wasting my time with Virgin.  Pity as it all worked technically and it was installed in our road specially [I guess at significant cost to Virgin].  And there are 4 others in our road who might have asked for Virgin, but I will have to tell them that my experience of the customer service has been very poor.

I have given the 'web team' 3 days to respond; I doubt they will so if not I will just write 'Cancel' across the contract and send it back to Virgin.

Tom

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tom,

Very sorry to hear of this confusion that's been created.

Would you like me to take a look into your account to see if I can shed any light on what your'e going to be paying for our services?

If you want to wait for the chat team you're more than welcome to, but we are here to assist you if need be.

David_Bn

0 Kudos
tombrs
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

David, Appreciate it if you would; as you might understand, getting rather frustrated with this. IF you can sort it and get me a new - correct - contract then great
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

No worries Tom. 

I have now sent you a private message which you will be able to access by clicking on the purple envelop which is located at the top right hand side of your screen. 

Regards, 

Dean C

0 Kudos