cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer landline from sky to virgin

Rich34
Joining in

Hi,

Has anyone else had the landine transfer saga from Sky to Virgin.

its now almost 3 months since i moved to Virgin and my buisiness number still hasnt been ported over.

Both parties are blaming each other.

23 REPLIES 23

Hi All,

Still no sign of any form of compensation from VIrgin, Im about to make a call and try to speak to the compensation team.

Wish me luck, think im going to need it.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Rich34.

I am sorry to see that.

Please do let us know how it goes with the phone call.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Just recieved my £50 worth of credit

Its not compensation for 74 days without a landline used for my buisiness, due to Virgin not porting my old number over from Sky fast enough.

A goodwill genture, for hours spent on the phone speaking to a number of Virgin employees, who didnt have a clue what i was asking them to do.

Not best pleased with VirginMedia customer services, more training on number porting is needed.

For anyone else in the same situation, you need to tell the customer services person to apply to Open Reach to re activate your number, if Virgin didn't port over quick enough.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for the update @Rich34.

I am glad to see that you have received a form of credit for the issues that you have been having, did you raise a complaint while on the phone to us if you are unhappy with the credit amount?

Thank you for the advice about porting the number over, we are sorry that this has not been made clear previously. 

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide