cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer landline from sky to virgin

Rich34
Joining in

Hi,

Has anyone else had the landine transfer saga from Sky to Virgin.

its now almost 3 months since i moved to Virgin and my buisiness number still hasnt been ported over.

Both parties are blaming each other.

23 REPLIES 23

Would you mind keeping us updated Rich34

Gareth_L

Will do Gareth 

Thanks @Rich34

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

An update on porting landline number from Sky.

Somehow 10 days ago i spoke to a lady in Manchester who normally only speaks to Virgin engineers.

She requested my number to be re activated by Open Reach, so that Virgin can then port it over.

Today i received a text to say my old number should live by 10.30 tomorrow morning, fingers crossed.

Watch this space, I will update tomorrow.

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

HI @Rich34,

Thanks so much for the update, this sounds positive!

After that time tomorrow, you can check if it has been completed by dialling 174 or 175 from your landline phone or by calling a mobile from your landline.

Looking forward to the updates 🙂 

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

All up and running.

Taken 3 months in total, but only 12 days once i spoke to April, someone who knew how to rectify the problem.

A big thanks to April in The Manchester office.

if you call Virgin and an American sounding voice speaks, put the phone down and start again, spoke to them 3 times, one even thought an 0208 number was a mobile. Think they are based in Malaysia?

Hopefully Virgin will port over numbers quick enough, ie the same day that your Virgin becomes live, so that all this aggrivation is avoided, its far worse for me as my number was used for my business.

Now going back on the phone for compensation.

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Rich34,

Thanks for your message - hooray! Glad your number is up and running.

I have also passed on your kind words about April so she has received your thanks.

As for the compensation, usually this would fall under our Automatic Compensation Scheme for the delay to services, however, I have just had a quick look to see where this is up to - this has been sent for a 'manual review' and you should receive notification of the outcome soon.

Keep us posted and we will be happy to help further if needed.

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Molly_G,

Mnadeem89 is in the same situation I was regarding number porting, would you be able to help by contacting April in Manchester to get the landline number reactivated?

A further update regarding compensation claim.

I spent over an hour speaking to Betty over two separate calls yesterday, she was unable to speak to her manager or the compensation team, so no further advanced than 2 weeks ago!!!!!

Switching to Virgin Media certainly hasn't  been a pleasurable experience.

Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Rich34,

I do apologise for the delay with this. I've just had a look at your account, and I can see that Betty has left a note to say that she will get in touch once she has had a conversation with her manager. Thank you for your patience with this.

Kind regards,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team