cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer from Vonage

mutineer
Dialled in

Hello,

I'm just asking here if anyone has successfully completed a number transfer from Vonage to Virgin.

It's two months since we started our transfer and it seems the process has simply failed, despite promises to fix it.

Customer services don't have the access or the time to resolve this.  I'm paying double for a service in the meantime and callers can't get through.

Has anyone else had success?

10 REPLIES 10

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Mutineer, thank you for posting to bring this to our attention! 

So sorry to hear this. Would you mind confirming if you are trying to transfer a mobile or landline number?

Do you still currently have active services with us at Virgin? And are you able to make outbound calls if inbound calls are not currently working? (If so, do you know if the outbound that calls out is the number you are still trying to transfer? 

We will try our best to help get this sorted for you!

All the best. 

Molly

Thanks Molly,

It's a landline.

Yes I do have a bundle including the landline ordered on 3rd Feb (apologies, now I have checked, it has only been 5 weeks, not 2 months since the order)

Yes the outbound line is active on a default new number and I am being charged a significant amount for very little usage.  My bill is incorrect and is not what was agreed.

In the meantime I am also being charged by Vonage who are waiting for Virgin to initiate the transfer of the number I want to use with the Virgin line.

Calls to my existing number with Vonage are diverting to a mobile app after a long delay and have unacceptable latency.

I cannot afford any more time in contacting customer services where there is over an hour's wait. The webchat chatbot triage is a time waster too, and cannot deal with anything other than 'standard' queries.  The new whatsapp channel isn't well attended and the threads become fragmented between the whatsapp channel and the webchat channel.

The end result is that the unfortunate staff involved spend all their time making extensive notes on multiple contacts with the same customer via multiple channels instead of the process of getting a simple job done.

My biggest concern is that somewhere in this process Virgin or Vonage will drop the ball and I will lose the number that I have had for 40 years.

Nick

Hi Nick, 

I can appreciate your concerns and frustrations given the experience. 

I will happily look into this further for you - I just need to send you a PM to confirm a few details. You will find this in your Inbox, in the top right corner of the page. 

We can return to this public thread as soon as possible with an update. 

All the best. 

Molly

Hi All! Thank you to Nick for PMing with me, and for your patience whilst we got this sorted!

I am pleased to say this has now been resolved, with the number port being completed, changes to the package in line with the original agreed contract price, and a goodwill gesture due to the poor experience. 

Please do let us know if there are any further issues we can support with!

Wishing you all the best. 

Molly

Many thanks for rescuing this Molly!

Update:  the number port has still not been sorted out.  🙄

Hi there @mutineer

Thank you for updating us and I am so sorry to hear that this port has not gone through! 

I can see that you are in a PM with my colleague, they will respond as soon as possible. 

Thank you. 

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I have done the opposite to you. I had two Virgin lines from the days of dial-up internet, & rather than pay the ridiculous landline prices I moved my second line to Vonage. So now my second line costs just over half the price of my first.

Virgin landline £28 a month for Talk More Anytime. Vonage £16 a month for the equivalent package plus free calls to the USA & Canada. 

There is some discounting of Broadband for having a Virgin phone line, but the difference is marginal. Plus I can “plug” my second line into any internet router on the planet & use my home phone package.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Yes it is marginal really.  The package pricing works for me as my BB only was being ratcheted up in some weird pricing algorithm.  Vonage were (are)  good on customer service and technically the box was fine, other than occasional latency.  The Vonage app was useful too.

I don't expect virgin VoIP quality from the phone jack port on the hub to be much different.  We rarely use the landline, but want to keep the number.  Simplifying the tech boxes and having one supplier, rather than two has some value.

The main issue is that I am paying for both phone services while waiting for the transfer to happen.

On a more general point...

The only sense of accountability, continuity, resolution and community seems to be on this community forum.  Which makes me think that local, transparent community provision of broadband, with capacity bought wholesale, would be a better delivery model than the corporate brand and pricing nonsense of Virgin... and other near monopoly suppliers like BT.