cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer Landline Number from Virgin Business to Residential

Hamslay
Tuning in

Hi,

I've had Virgin Business cable broadband, along with a landline, for severalyears. I have decided to switch to the full Virgin bundle including TV, and so have had to open a new residential account. My new install is next week, and I have set my Virgin Business account to cancel next month. However, I have a problem. When opening the residential account over the phone, the sales person was unable to accept the existing landline number for porting over as it was already with a different division of Virgin. Apparently they can only port a number with another provider. If I wait until the business account closes, that number will then return to BT and I will lose it. I have been using this number for 15 years but it seems to be a problem for Virgin to move this number to my new line. Is it really impossible? Is there a team I can contact to try to sort something before the number is lost?

Thanks in advance.

Tim

11 REPLIES 11

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Tim.

Thanks for posting and welcome to the residential account side of the business 🙂

I fully get what you're doing here and why you want to keep the same number, I cannot give you a guarantee but I will try my best for you

I shall PM you now to assist further.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to jump in on this thread, but I am currently experiencing the same issue in which the business side has said they are unable to move my number across to residential.

Was the above issue able to be sorted somehow? If so, I would love to be able to keep the number before it is lost.

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Anonymous

Welcome to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Sorry to hear you are experiencing similar issues with moving your business phone number accross to a residential number. Unfortunately I cannot guarantee that we will be able to do it, but I will have a look into this further for you now. I shall send you a private message to obtain the details required. Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right corner and get back to me when you can!

Best wishes,

Serena

Hi all,

My apologies to hijack this thread also but I too have the same problem. My landline number I have had for over 20 years, moved to VM residential a couple of years ago, then to VM business and immediately back to residential. Moving back has been an unimaginable nightmare with VM departments largely incapable of communicating with one another leaving it to the customer to do. Now they have appear to have lost my landline number which must remain 'parked' with VM business despite repeatedly ensuring that my original number must be kept.

Please help. I'm at my wits end spending hours and hours waiting on the phone only to be passed from dept to dept and then disconnected because this internal failure is 'too difficult' to fix. I was promised a few days ago that it would be complete in 24 hours and yet again, more failed promises.

Thank you.

Hi Shoei600,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear your number hasn't been ported over from business, so I can try to help with this I8 will send you a private chat, once received click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.  

leonphert
Joining in

Sorry to highjack the same subject, but I am also trying to move back from Virgin Business to Virgin Residential and would really like to keep my number.

Has anyone managed to do so? Other providers (such as BT) seem to imply that it is feasible, but haven't found any post to say if this worked or not.

Hi @leonphert

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

Have you started the process to move your services to residential?

Its my understanding that a number port from Business to Residential cannot be done.

I will however explore all options for you and get back to you once I have a definite answer.

I will send you a private message now so I can get some further details from you. 

Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the page and pop me a reply when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi I'm having the same issue here. Virgin media are telling me it's too much of a headache to move business numbers to residential. Even though I moved them from residential to business. They are advising me to move the business account and services over to residential address. Please help. Iv had these numbers for over 20 yrs and would want to keep them. Thr are 2 landline numbers I wish to move.

Hello Alishah007

Thank you for reaching out to us via the forums in regards to transferring your business number to a residential account. We appreciate you taking the time to post on the forum and welcome to the community.

We have asked in regards to this, as we're a residential account team, to get some support on if this is something we can support or offer and it would appear that it isn't. We are double checking this to make sure it is accurate and will update you here once we get a definitive answer. Sorry this doesn't completely answer your query but we're looking into it for you.

Rob