Menu
Nik_52
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Too crackly phone line...

Hi ! Is there any way to contact Virgin about a too-crackly phone line *without* using a phone or mobile ? The phone now sounds like a brisk barbecue, was not intelligible when I contacted the service centre, and my old mobile gets no signal here... It could have been funny when the unfortunate 'phone problem' call centre operator kept asking what the problem was, I kept telling him it was my very bad phone line, but he could not, Not, NOT understand me, saying the line was too bad... Epic-fail on 'Joined-Up Thinking 101' ?? Sadly, it seems the service centre have since tried to contact me by phone, but not via account's registered e-mail as I'd pleaded with the call-centre guy...... Getting silly. Suggestions ?? N
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Too crackly phone line...

Last time I had a landline issue (line dead with no dial tone) I ran the phone test on the service status page and then took the option to book an engineer visit:

https://my.virginmedia.com/faults/service-status

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out.
My setup: V6 TV box, Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

0 Kudos
Nik_52
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It says...
"Call us on 150 from your Virgin Media home phone, or on 0333 000 3101 from any other phone."
Sadly, no e-mail option...
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Tom_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Nik_52,

I'm sorry to hear about the landline issues you've been experiencing and we would love to get it sorted for you.

To that end I'm going to drop you a PM so we can discuss this further.

Thanks,

Tom_S

0 Kudos
Nik_52
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I managed to delay matters by forgetting my account password...

😞

With that resolved --I found my notes from the account transfer !!-- a visit was scheduled for Monday afternoon 01 July..

Guy arrived promptly, soon narrowed problem to the phone cable between the wall-box outside house and the master socket within. As this was a really, really long run, both inside and out, and any or all might need replacing, and there was a lot of furniture in the way, a follow-up visit was scheduled for today, Wednesday 03 July..

This gave me time to shift furniture away from walls, turn back carpet, provide full access to cable run.

2nd Guy arrived promptly. With the improved access, he was able to narrow the fault to the internal wiring, then to wiring by patio door which he diagnosed as both gripper-strip and cat claw/bite damage. Replacing the internal wiring, plus the old master socket to be sure, full function returned.

He kindly waited for me to do a 'test call' of our 'Aid-Call' pendant system, which proved okay.

Job done !!

I've sent PMs thanking both Tom_S & Alex_RM for their help, extended my compliments to both Service Guys.

Nik