cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The new phone system when does it happen?

dnpark38
Knows their stuff

Yesterday had problems and fault was cured external to me.

VM engineer wasn't told the appointment today had been cancelled and I got the I will be with you in 40mins. call  I told them no longer needed and I thought the visit was cancelled.  They said could they still come and update my installation but I declined as no longer convenient to me.

Now the question would they have modified the phone system?

In other words is it a routine thing on visits or do they go round everybody in an area with a special team oat once?

Open Reach FTTP via ZEN 100mbs
4 REPLIES 4

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @dnpark38

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community.

I have taken a look at things from our end and can see the visit scheduled was for a land line fault.

When the engineer called were they referencing our 21cv switch over service to have the land line service connect via the broadband router?

If so, I would imagine they may have offered to do this for you during the visit today to save you having another visit required later on, however as I wasn't privy to the phone call I couldn't say for sure.

Please pop me a reply when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

dnpark38
Knows their stuff

I do not know what exactly what updating would have been so can't add any more.

I've not looked into the implications of what it means to have the phone on the co-ax rather than the separate line and how it will effect me.

Is there a program set for this change and target for completion of all of us?

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I can see you have another post relating to this which an agent has sent you a private message on. 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

dnpark38
Knows their stuff

This VM web page says I should ask here.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/home-phone/virginphone/switchover

Thought it best to start a new post rather than confuse an existing confusing post of a different subject rather than make it worse.

( The PM is asking me security questions which apparently I failed so that did not go anywhere further).

By the way I've not had a letter that the web page mentions.

Sorry I've not got my questions on the future of VM landlines clearly put, I'm also not on fibre broadband i'm on old fashioned co-ax cable which is a figure of eight cable with co-ax and landline phone combined.