cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The hub will need moving

Gill47
Joining in

We have virgin broadband and home phone costing £65 per month which seems a lot when I see what they are offering new customers.  We have now been told by virgin that from the end of April we need to have the landline phone coming out of the hub which is in a bedroom upstairs which we don't want as it would be in the same room as my husband's medical equipment.

So we would need the hub bringing downstairs and the upstairs extension in the spare bedroom linking up.  As this is something we don't have any choice about would this be done free of charge as I keep seeing conflicting views.

1 REPLY 1

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Gill47, thank you for getting in touch! Sorry to hear this feedback. 

Usually the relocation of your hub within your hub would be a chargeable technicians visit at £25. This is due to the work being a special request, rather than service-affecting fault. 

As it is the case that you now need the landline relocating due to the switch-over to our 21st Century voice landline service, which is not your choice I can certainly raise a complaint on your behalf regarding this, and discuss if we can wave the £25 technician call out charge as your suggested resolution to the complaint. 

I will send you a PM to take some additional information from you so we can get this complaint raised, and discuss booking in the relocation appointment for you! You will be able to find the PM in your Inbox, in the top right corner of the page. 

All the best. 

Molly