cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telephony Disabled Hub 4

jesstv
Tuning in

Hi

I have just upgraded from Hub 3 to Hub 4. The home phone is not working. In the hub settings it says "Telephony Disabled"

I can not get a dial tone or ring 150. The phone plugged into the hub 3 the same way. I am certain all the connections are properly connected.

After searching this it appears it is not a customer enabled issue

I presume VM need to enable the Telephony.

Please advice

jesstv

16 REPLIES 16

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @jesstv, thanks for your post although I'm sorry to hear your Landline isn't working with your Hub 4.

I also have a Hub 4, and unfortunately there doesn't appear to be anywhere via the Hub Settings to activate the telephony setting.

With this in mind, I'll need to get a technician booked for you to ensure we can get this feature working for you.

I'll pop you a PM just to ask you to confirm some details for me so I can get this arranged.

Please expect this PM shortly and reply directly!

Many thanks

Tom_W

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @jesstv, thanks for replying to my PM confirming the details requested.

That's enabled me to be able to book in a technician for you to get your landline sorted and working!

Just to confirm too, once the internet-based phone line is activated, your standard Virgin Media landline wall socket will no longer work so that is expected.

If the issue for the technician's apppointment is as a result of misuse, neglect, accidental or willful damage, or if the technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your personal equipment, you will be charged £25.
If the appointment is missed there is a £25 charge for a missed appointment.

You can view your appointment via your My Virgin Media app, but please let me know if you need me to confirm this privately.

I hope this helps and don't hesitate to shout out if you need any further support.

Many thanks

Tom_W

The phone line was working fine yesterday  with hub 3, it is only since the telephony was disabled so I could upgrade to hub 4 it is no longer  working.

I have not asked for an appointment, I presume the line just needs enabling. The equipment seems fine.

I cannot find my appointment (which I have not asked for) on the app . I will not be available the rest of the week .

P{lease advise what you have booked.

Hi @jesstv, thanks for your post.

If you have only had the Hub 4 a short period of time, it can sometimes take up to 24 hours for the 21CV phone line to become active on any new Hub. I appreciate your comments but we're unable to switch over (or on) the telephony feature using our systems unfortunately, just as you are not able to via your Hub settings although I'll feed this back for future review.

Please confirm how long exactly you've had the Hub 4 active for?

I'll drop you further details regarding the technician appointment as I can't disclose that information publicly.

Many thanks

Tom_W

jesstv
Tuning in

Hi,

Upgraded to Hub 4 2 days ago, the home phone is not working there is no dial tone.

The connections are correct, have tried 2 different phones.

In the hub settings it says "Telephony Disabled", please can someone enable trhe telephony.

I do not need an engineer visit, It is not a customer end equipment problem  it needs enabling for the new hub 4.

Thank You

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good afternoon @jesstv

I can see that you are currently speaking with one of my colleagues regarding these issues. 

Please do keep to one thread so that we can assist you in the best possible way. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

jesstv
Tuning in

Hi,

Installed Hub 4 seven days ago to replace hub 3 which worked perfectly, ever since no dial tone and "Telephony Disabled" displayed in hub settings. No calls in or out. Tried different phones and tried the master socket as well, no dial tone at all.

Please read this section carefully :

This is a common problem with pleny of instances on these boards. The solution is not to send an engineer, in every instance of sending an engineer, a fault is not found. It is not a problem at the customer site.usually solved by being referred back to Virgin Media where the techs know the solution and enable the telephone remotely.

I am a qualified Network engineer, I can assure you the equipment is correctly installed and justs needs the Telephony enabling from the VM end.

Many thanks

jesstv

Hi jesstv

Thanks for your post 

I am sorry to inform you that our VOIP is not yet enable for the Hub4 or Hub5

It would need you to go back to the Hub3 to re enable the Line

This is something I arrange 

If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Tim_Deegan
Tuning in

Hi.

I'm having the same issue, and VM are continuously giving conflicting information.

Did you ever get your issue resolved?

Tim