cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telephone wireless?

Bluecray
On our wavelength

I understand that virgin wants all customers to have their telephone plugged in the modem which means mine is upstairs now.

Really wish to have my phone downstairs, it's there a way of having the phone wirelessly connected please? I see one can get wireless connections for computer and modem by means of plugging onto the mains. 

But is there one for the phone please? 

16 REPLIES 16

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I see, we can get this booked in for you but it would be a £25.00 tech call out charge.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Bluecray
On our wavelength

Copied and pasted from above :

When the time comes for you to move to a phone connection from the VM hub, ask VM to link the phone socket on the hub to the existing telephone extension sockets in your home. They should do this FOC as part of the switchover process.

Back to me it says up there FOC so it should be as its something that VM has changed its nothing of my doing so why should I have to pay for it???????? 

goslow
Alessandro Volta

You crucially haven't mentioned when your phone conversion to a hub connection took place. If VM switched you over, say, last week, as an alternative to fixing a fault on your landline, and have left you in the lurch with a phone socket in an inconvenient position and no working phone extensions, then I can see no material difference between that and doing the switchover as part of a planned rollout process (for which VM would/should have connected up your phone extensions for free).

As you have already stated, the phone-conversion repair was done for VM's benefit/convenience as an alternative to repairing the landline so the process shouldn't leave you, the customer, in a worse situation than you had to begin with, with phones/extensions not working around the house or the only phone socket in an inaccessible location

If you had the process done, say, a year ago and have sat on it for 12 months without following it up, then your request for help from VM FOC might be a bit harder to justify IMO.

Bluecray
On our wavelength

It was done only last week so therefore should be FOC. Thanks. 

Hi Bluecray,

Can you please specify what it is that you're looking to have changed or if you have a specific request? I can see from here that you have been registered for the VoIP telephony service, meaning that you can continue to use your landline phone through your hub. There wouldn't have been a charge for this.

Thanks

Beth

Bluecray
On our wavelength

Beth my phone has now been connected to the hub thus its upstairs and I need it downstairs!

And no I can't use cordless phone as the phone I use is specific for deaf people. 

It's all OK now as I have a virgin engineer coming g to move the hub downstairs then I'll use wireless to connect the computer up again.

Phil

That's better news @Bluecray

Thanks for getting back to us to confirm things are in hand.  Please do keep us updated with how things go.

Regards

Lee_R