cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telephone line issue.

Dizbeans
On our wavelength

Hi recently had issues with cracking on line.

Last week found an issue that telephone units were not ringing or not ringing properly. When calling home my wife could not hear me at other end. 

At end of week, main base units were not ringing. We have a BT triple handset and a 4th fixed unit (the fixed unit rings poorly).

Have brought a new handset, i.e. twin set to see if that was issue, but still have same problem.

Can make calls and when know can receive calls, but the ringer does not ring... presume this will be line issue... any one have any advice?

Thanks

16 REPLIES 16

Dizbeans
On our wavelength

Thank you David

Can you advise how I contact the previous person and is there an incident reference number that can be quoted?

Thanks

If you're able to access your private messages, via the purple envelope in the top right hand corner, you will be able to directly message my colleague who has worked with you previously on this matter.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Dizbeans
On our wavelength

Thanks

Sorry, thought you meant calling 150 and going around in circles before talking to someone.

Will look at messages

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for coming back to me over private message @Dizbeans, I've been able to book in an engineer appointment for you. 

For details of the time and date of the appointment, and if you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.

Furthermore, I'd need to advise that;

There will be no charge for this visit unless:

• The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment
  • The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
  • The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit.

We will continue to monitor your services and if we can see that the fault has cleared and the visit is no longer required we will cancel the appointment and let you know by text and email.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Dizbeans
On our wavelength

Thank you David

I hope the engineer has been briefed about issue. Previously the engineer amended telephone line problem by moving from BT socket to the VM Hub, but a second phone was linked via a BT socket, and he did not have a suitable adapter available, and would arrange a revisit to fit, but as phone working now the revisit would be low priority... but a few weeks had passed with no contact, thus asking for revisit.

Again thanks for your help.

Thank you for the reply @Dizbeans

I am sure David has briefed the engineer, however if you could respond to his private message directly, this will ensure he receives your request.

I do hope the visit goes well for you. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Thanks for coming back to me over private message @Dizbeans.

Do please keep us posted with how the visit goes, and if any further input is needed, we'll be on hand to assist.

Kindest regards,

David