cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telephone line is dead

steveing
Settling in

Hi

My landline is dead so cant call 150.  I have unplugged and replugged, tried a different phone and none of them work.  Tried calling my line from mobile and the line just drops without connecting.

Both phones I tried were cordless and have worked in the past, the most recent one is 2 months old.  Problem occurred 30 minutes ago and just prior to that it was working fine.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for your super quick response and trying our service status page @steveing

Having looked further into this and can see that there is a fault with your line that will need a technician visit to resolve.

I can arrange the appointment from here but would need to confirm a few details via a private message, that I will drop over in a moment.
Please look out for the private message and we can get started.
Regards,
Steven_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @steveing,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.
I'm really sorry to hear of the issues that you're having with your landline. Have you checked our service status page for any issues in your area?

Regards,

Steven_L

Yes, apparently there are no problems in the PL6 6BG area (although I couldn't use the number you are supposed to dial)

Thanks for your super quick response and trying our service status page @steveing

Having looked further into this and can see that there is a fault with your line that will need a technician visit to resolve.

I can arrange the appointment from here but would need to confirm a few details via a private message, that I will drop over in a moment.
Please look out for the private message and we can get started.
Regards,
Steven_L

Thanks for confirming your details via private message @steveing.
I have arranged for the appointment and you can track your engineer appointments online. Simply sign in to My Virgin Media and you’ll see your appointments on your account dashboard.

Regards,

Steven_L

I cant see any appt online so I assume it will take some time to show up in my dashboard?

Thanks for coming back to us @steveing, It can take up to 24 hours to be shown on your dashboard.

Regards,

Steven_L