cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telephone LIne switchover - Care Alarm

Basher130
Tuning in

Virgin have been leaving messages on my mum's home phone saying her telephone line will be disconnected if she does not contact them re the switchover.  I arranged for the switchover in March but Edinburgh Council who provide her care alarm did not have the compatible alarm available and said that Virgin had agreed that for the whole Edinburgh area the switch would be put on hold for customers requiring the 24/7 care alarm.  Mum is in hospital and I have checked her home phone messages and 3 from Virgin all saying line being disconnected and must call. 

Problem 1) I can barely make out what was being said due to foreign accent and no chance of hearing the number to call other than switchover?

Problem 2) Mum cannot phone as in hospital as Virgin won't talk to myself as not account holder but I do have power of attorney

Is there a UK number I can contact to discuss as obviously we need the care alarm service to be working.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Basher130

Can I please apologise first of all for the inconvenience this is causing both you and your Mother

I know the switchover is something we do have to do by a specific time, but if I can delay yours until Edinburgh have the correct Alarm then I am happy to help 

I can also add you as power of attorney so its easier to discuss any account activity 

If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Basher130

Can I please apologise first of all for the inconvenience this is causing both you and your Mother

I know the switchover is something we do have to do by a specific time, but if I can delay yours until Edinburgh have the correct Alarm then I am happy to help 

I can also add you as power of attorney so its easier to discuss any account activity 

If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Thanks, I should already be shown as POA but no idea how to contact you even with it....Thanks!