Menu
chrisb6
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Tel number in UK to get action before i cancel

Does anyone have a telephone number in the UK that I could call to get some action with my phone. Not a call centre overseas. Phone line has never worked since the day the engineer came round to do the install ( he said sorry on the install day and said another department hadn't made the connection in the box in the street!!)  Not a great start. Spent tens of pounds on mobile bill calls to virgin trying to get some action. Last call took 30 mins. Every time they same please give us 48 hours and we will fix it. Seem to be based in India or Philippines with no understanding of the issue. I will give them another 48 hours then cancel. still within my 14 days and the phone service was never connected. Before I cancel I was wondering if anyone has the number of virgin here in the UK. I need the connection made at the junction box in the street...not hours on hold to an overseas call centre.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tel number in UK to get action before i cancel

First the bad news - basically there isn't one.  All calls to VM are routed automatically to its domestic or overseas call centres depending on demand. You might have a chance to get the UK call centre on Mon-Sat business hours if you select options 1,4,5 (thinking of leaving). You'll get "retentions" and as you are thinking of cancelling it might work.

-----------------------

Superuser 18/19.
Use Kudos to say thanks
Tick an answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tel number in UK to get action before i cancel

Hi chrisb6,

Thanks for your first post and welcome to our forums page.

Very sorry to hear you have had issues with your landline install. We would love to look into this further for you.

To be able to do this, we would need some further details from you, I will send you a PM asking for the details we need, if you can reply to this, I will be more than happy to help.

Thanks

Lindsey_C

0 Kudos