cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Technician visit

Binning-family
Joining in

Hi there,

Can anybody explain something?  I have been sent an adapter and instructions on how to connect this to my hub, so that the phone can be connected, but I have also been phoned and made an appointment for a technician to visit.  I have also just received a text message to confirm my appointment for installation.  What installation? 

I have had to opt to change the appointment for now, as the only person in will be under 18, but do I even need this appointment?  My hub has the required phone socket, so what is the technician going to be doing?

Has somebody made a mistake?

Thanks,

Mike.

4 REPLIES 4

Seffrid
Superfast

As I understand it, a technician is required if you either have additional extensions that need to be rewired, or need an emergency line in the event of a power cut because of your vulnerable or other special circumstances. That's assuming you're an existing phone customer of course. If this is an entirely new installation then I imagine different considerations apply. Generally speaking I think you have to ask for a technician rather than being offered one, but perhaps if the account is already marked up as vulnerable then they'd be pro-active?

Does any of that sound plausible? 

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Binning-family

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. Also thank you to Seffrid for your helpful response. 

We apologise for any confusion caused by the change over and we would be happy to help with any questions you may have. 

If your account has flagged that a technician will be required, we will book this in automatically free of charge. As Seffrid has advised, this is usually the case when we are already aware that an emergency line or rewiring will be required. Further information on this can be found here

Please let us know if you have any further questions. 

Thanks,

Nat

Binning-family
Joining in

Thanks both.

We have been a Virgin customer since it was NTL, and have a cable from the cabinet providing phone and broadband.  The only thing that looks like needs doing is re-wiring to the sockets in the house, but the normal service doesn't normally go that far.

The appointment has been rescheduled to August, so I'll probably just rewire it myself in the meantime, unless I can manage to talk to someone about the appointment.  Tried calling earlier, but ended up giving up with the automated system.  All I wanted was a human being to speak to.

Thanks,

Mike.

Thank you for your reply. 

I would be happy to take a look from my side to confirm the reason for the appointment and check to see if it is still required 

To do this, I will just need to pop you over a private message to confirm a few details. This will be available via the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Speak soon, 

Nat