cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Talk Unlimited Costs?

victry77
On our wavelength

Hi, I'm trying to find out how much this Talk Unlimited/Anytime is within a package. I have recently got my mum's VM package downgraded but she wanted to keep the landline. At her insistence, I asked for Talk Unlimited to be removed, but now she's paying way more in usage charges and her bill is now no different to what is was previously. She is paying just as much. Which is way too much.

Can anyone help? Thanks. 

5 REPLIES 5

goslow
Alessandro Volta

The 'Talk Unlimited/Anytime' package is showing as a nominal £27 per month in the latest VM call charge guide (which includes the line rental element)

https://www.virginmedia.com/content/dam/virginmedia/dotcom/images/mobile-browse/downloads/010222_eve...

but once the landline is bundled together with other services you can't 'unbundle' that cost as the landline cost is discounted in the bundle (and VM can't/won't break it down on how the bundle price is created).

victry77
On our wavelength

Thanks. I can't say I know much about it. But I got her package downgraded as the tv/cinema services were excessive and unneeded. Talk Anytime went, also. So, the bill should have come down by approx £35 per month.

However, instead of paying £2-3 on call usage charges per month, its now gone to £36 last month and £43 this month. So, overall the bill has increased. 

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Well, if you have a look in the linked document above and if the phone package is now the default 'Talk Weekends', using the phone outside of weekends will bring a call connection charge of 25p per call and a cost of 17p per minute so making a 1 minute or less chargeable call to a landline will cost 42p minimum. For calling mobiles the cost is 19.35p per minute. At those rates it doesn't take too long to run up a big bill in phone call charges.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I keep being stung by call charges even though I have Talk More Anytime which is free calls at any time.

The reason I get the call charges?

Calls are free for the first hour, however my sister "can't" hang up and redial to avoid having to pay for the call - no idea what she finds to talk about for so long (unless maybe she's on hold to CS)

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi victry77, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear your mums bill hasn't changed much despite removing elements of it. 

Goslow, our VIP, is spot on here. We're not able to give you a standard pricing as once it's added on to your package with TV and Broadband, there are discounts added so you never actually pay full price unless it's the only service you have. 

As the call charges are mounting up, it is worth speaking to the team on 150 / 0345 454 1111 and asking them for information on how much it would be to add back on to the package. This will likely save your mum some money going forward due to the call charges you've already mentioned. 

Let us know how the call goes and if you need anything else, you know where we are. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs