cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Talk More Anytime - Do you have to hang-up @ 60mins and are calls to UK mobiles included?

moof
Fibre optic

have had Talk More Anytime for some time now and always thought that calls to UK Mobiles where NOT included 🤔

But on trying to answer my initial two questions of:

1. do we need to hang up @ 60mins to prevent incurring call charges?
  2. when calling 03xx numbers (it would appear I do if Idon'tt want to be charged 16ppm thereafter)
  3. I've stumbled across what appears to be info that says I CAN call UK Mobiles up to 60mins

https://www.virginmedia.com/content/dam/virginmedia/dotcom/images/mobile-browse/downloads/010420_Eve...

can anyone quickley answer question 1, confirm question 2 and confirm question 3 please

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @moof.

Thanks for your post 🙂 

In response to question 1, you will be charged after 60 minutes, this is the same will all providers. You can find more information on call plans here

Can you please clarify what you're asking in question 2? Are you wondering if you'll be charged for calling 0345 numbers? 

In response to question 3, yes UK mobile numbers are included. 

Please get back to me so I can advise further. 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @moof.

Thanks for your post 🙂 

In response to question 1, you will be charged after 60 minutes, this is the same will all providers. You can find more information on call plans here

Can you please clarify what you're asking in question 2? Are you wondering if you'll be charged for calling 0345 numbers? 

In response to question 3, yes UK mobile numbers are included. 

Please get back to me so I can advise further. 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

thankyou for 1 and 3

yes to question 2, will I be charged for an 0344 number <60mins

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Certainly you need to hang up at 60 minutes unless you want to be hit with the frankly unreasonable per-minute charges.  I got hammered for a couple of 60 minute plus calls last month, and the costs were like a GPO call to Timbuktoo back before privatisation (or a call to directory enquiries these days). 

I believe mobile calls are no within the scheme, but the same 60 minute limit applies for mobile and I presume 0345 and related non-premium numbers.

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@moof wrote:

thankyou for 1 and 3

yes to question 2, will I be charged for an 0344 number <60mins

Have a look at the VM 'Everyday call charges' guide, which covers all points.

Both guides linked below are dated April 2020. AFAIK, these are the latest but there may be later versions with updated/different info.

https://www.virginmedia.com/content/dam/virginmedia/dotcom/images/mobile-browse/downloads/010420_Eve...

01, 02, 03 codes on page 3 with a 60 minute limit

Mobile numbers pages 4 and 5 with a 60 minute limit

For mobile numbers though, note the exclusions (bottom of page 5) for those numbers deemed 'Mobile Wifi' and other 07 categories which are not inculded. These are not covered but would not be obvious from the dial code. To work out what these numbers are you have to refer to the helpful 218 page 'Call charges by dial code' manual. I believe the code which are mobile wifi appear as FW# in the destination/chargeband column

https://www.virginmedia.com/content/dam/virginmedia/dotcom/images/mobile-browse/downloads/010420_Cal...

On a few past topics, customers with the 'Talk More Anytime' package have been caught out and charged for dialling what looked like a mobile no. only to find it was a 'mobile wifi' number.

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for clarifying @moof

As helpfully advised by @goslow above, these are included within 60 mins. 

If there's anything not covered in the links provided, please let us know and we'll advise further. 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team