Menu
Amace
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

TELEPHONE LINE

Hi, having loads of trouble over the last 9 months. Router diagnostics suggests there is an issue with telephone line 1 and 2 not being ready, not 1 person on the phone can actually help, I had an engineer fit an active drop amplifier, and I still have the same damn issue, does anyone have any idea's because customer services is poorer the homeless man under the bridge

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: TELEPHONE LINE

Do you have the Hub based phone service, or do you have a separately wired landline?

The status in the Hub 3 is only where the phone is delivered via the phone ports on the back of the Hub - they're not connected to the separately wired home phone service that most addresses currently have.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Amace
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@BenMcr wrote:
Do you have the Hub based phone service, or do you have a separately wired landline?

The status in the Hub 3 is only where the phone is delivered via the phone ports on the back of the Hub - they're not connected to the separately wired home phone service that most addresses currently have.

My phone line is connected the coaxial, but the phone isn't plugged into router, they didn't tell me about any of this  so I wouldn't have a clue 

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Superstar
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

My reading of this is that your handset is connected to a BT adapter which is plugged into the hub.

The amplifier was fitted because the signal was too weak, but there is clearly still a problem and a technician needs to visit again to sort it out.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Amace
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It's like the bt phone socket yh but it's a virgin, they had to fit it, I asked for the field manager of my area to visit, proper shirty attitudes in the phone.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for getting in touch Amace  🙂  

I have sent you a private message to request a few more details to allow us to be able to look in to this further for you.  

The private message should appear when selecting the purple envelope icon on the top right of the page. 

Thanks, 

Nat
0 Kudos