cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switched landline today to fibre - no dial tone

mjx1846
Joining in

HELP - we need phone connections.

We have today been converted to fibre for our landline. We've fitted the new connector (as supplied by Virgin) to our hub but unfortunately there is now no dial tone. 

Again unfortunately our mobile service supplier (O2) is also currently offline for up to 48 hours.

Our phone system is only 1 year old BT Premium.

I have tried to make contact with Virgin by email but however I try their chat robot just ends up giving me a phone number, obviously currently of no use to us.

Advice would be appreciated

3 REPLIES 3

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @mjx1846,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.

I'm really sorry to hear of the issues that you're having with your landline at the moment, I have looked into this and your phone switchover seems to have gone ahead correctly.

Sorry this maybe a stupid question but I have to ask this, have you plugged your phone into the adapter and then into phone socket 1 on your hub?

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi Steven - Yes and yes.

About an hour ago we had a call from a mobile, recorded on our phone, that just lasted a couple of seconds and then cut off. We can't make any connections (to mobile or landline) when we try to make a call.

Regards

Michael

Thanks for coming back to us @mjx1846, are you able to receive calls now or have you lost that as well now? 

Are you able to check the wall socket to see if that has any service at the moment?

Regards,

Steven_L