cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch telephone landline to Hub 3 digital

DILLIGAF58
Joining in

Hi,

i wish to use my analogue landline phone with my Hub3 router rather than via the wall socket. This is due to interference on the line. 
I have an adapter for the phone that fits either of the two telephone sockets on the back of the router. The router is shown Telephony Disabled, can I switch it on through the menu options?

kind regards 

Andrew 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@DILLIGAF58 wrote:

Hi,

i wish to use my analogue landline phone with my Hub3 router rather than via the wall socket. This is due to interference on the line. 
I have an adapter for the phone that fits either of the two telephone sockets on the back of the router. The router is shown Telephony Disabled, can I switch it on through the menu options?

kind regards 

Andrew 

Unfortunately you can't turn on the phone-via-router connection yourself. VM has to 'switch' you to do that.

VM has a rolling programme of work to move all customers over by 2025. VM is doing this area-by-area. Quite often though, VM does do switchovers for individual customers as an alternative to fixing a fault on a traditional landline connection (though availability to do this may vary by area).

If you have an interference fault on your line, you could get a VM technician out to look at that and, when the technician is on site, see if there is an option to do the switchover for you.

Do you have the adapter already because VM sent it to you prior to an official VM switchover date pending? Or is the adapter something you have bought yourself with a view to trying it on the VM hub?

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@DILLIGAF58 wrote:

Hi,

kind regards 

Andrew 

Unfortunately you can't turn on the phone-via-router connection yourself. VM has to 'switch' you to do that.

VM has a rolling programme of work to move all customers over by 2025. VM is doing this area-by-area. Quite often though, VM does do switchovers for individual customers as an alternative to fixing a fault on a traditional landline connection (though availability to do this may vary by area).

If you have an interference fault on your line, you could get a VM technician out to look at that and, when the technician is on site, see if there is an option to do the switchover for you.

Do you have the adapter already because VM sent it to you prior to an official VM switchover date pending? Or is the adapter something you have bought yourself with a view to trying it on the VM hub?

Thanks for the information, I have in a previous “life” installed and managed networks and telephony systems including analogue and SIP / voip, the adapters are old stock I’ve had hanging around. I’ll give VM a shout and se what they say. 
thanks again 

Hi @DILLIGAF58 

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

As goslow has advised, we are rolling this out area by area. You will be contacted in advance when this is happening in your area and we will send an adaptor to you.

Could you expand on the issue you are having with the landline please?

We can do some checks here and arranged an engineer for you if required. Again as mentioned, we may be able to switch early for you if there is a service fault.

Please pop back to us when you can.

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide