Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch Landline To Hub, No Service

Kaitch
Joining in

Hi,

I was switched over yesterday (3/5/22).

Today I have plugged my phone into the hub but I do not have any service.

The phone is plugged into the connector labelled phone 1 (Tried all the other connectors too (2x phone & 4x the yellow internet ones)

Super Hub 3 in Modem mode

No dial tone, incoming or outgoing

I have power cycled both my phone base and the hub several times.

Phone on base unit showing 'Check phone line'

I have tried an old handset and get the same issues.

So much for the letter indicating it would be plug and play, I should have known better

Any help would be appreciated.

8 REPLIES 8

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Kaitch,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.
I'm really sorry to hear that you're having issues after your phone transfer to the hub, this shows on the system that the transfer has gone ahead correctly.

Please could you check the wall socket to see if you still have dial tone there?

Have you received an adapter as part of the change over?

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi, thanks for getting back,

If I plug it into the wall socket the message on the phone goes away but I have no dial tone and can't get any incoming or outgoing calls.

Yes I did receive an adaptor which I am using.

Thanks for coming back to us @Kaitch, it looks like we will need to arrange a technician visit for you.

I can arrange the appointment from here but would need to confirm a few details via a private message, that I will drop over in a moment.
Please look out for the private message and we can get started.
Regards,
Steven_L

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for confirming your details via private message @Kaitch.
I have arranged for the appointment and you can track your engineer appointments online. Simply sign in to My Virgin Media and you’ll see your appointments on your account dashboard.
Regards,

Steven_L

OK thanks.

My appointment is next week.

I will try to remember to give a feedback after that as it may help others in the same situation.

Regards

Thanks for coming back to us @Kaitch, that would be great, if you could let us know how the visit goes. 

Regards,

Steven_L

So, my engineer turned up and fixed the issue in 2 minutes.....

The problem was the supplied adapter was faulty, he swapped it for a new one and everything has been fine since.

Thanks for all the help

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Kaitch,

Thank you for the update, I am glad this is now resolved for you.

If you ever need anything again please do let us know.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide