cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Super Hub & 3 Telephone Extentions In Different Rooms

MrCrustacean
Tuning in

We have 3 telephone extentions (lounge, kitchen & bedroom) plus the Hub which is in a different room. Would it be possible please, as per the VM website to book a free engineer's visit?

12 REPLIES 12

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @MrCrustacean 

Welcome back to our community forums and thank you for your request for a manned switchover.

You can find all you need to know about the switch over here https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Phone-Switchover/gh-p/Switchover. However, in your case, I have sent you a private message. Please look out for the purple envelope and provide a response when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thank you for confirming this @MrCrustacean. You should receive a text from our team in the next 24hrs confirming the appointment details. Please let us know how the appointment goes and if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

Thank you

No problem at all. Happy to help 🙂 ^AA

Akua_A
Forum Team

Hi Akua,

I received a text message @ 12.06 Saturday 18/02/23, stating I will be sent a telephone adapter in the post. The text made no mention of an engineer's visit to resolve my situation.

By chance I logged into my VM account. Under 'My Orders and Appointments: I found Order Ref: [REMOVED] Order date: [REMOVED].

This possible related to an engineer's visit between [REMOVED]

If this is the case then I need to rearrange as I will be at work.

Week commencing 27/02/23, I have availability up to 1pm Monday to Friday.

Kind regards,

Patrick Cray

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post.]

You can view here via the MyVM app. If there are any issues with the date or time please let me know and we can look to alter this to something more suitable.

Please be aware that any changes would result in a delay to the visit as this was the earliest available, there also needs to be someone over the age of 18 in the property at the time of the visit. 

Please also be aware that though most technician visits are free of charge, in the below instances there would be a charge of £25:

•    The customer is not present for the technician visit (aka a missed appointment).

•    The fault is due to customer's own equipment.

•    The fault is due to damage caused by someone at the customer's premises which we were not aware of.

•    The fault is due to theft, loss, or removal of equipment.

If one of the above applies and the customer is charged, this will be presented on their following monthly bill. Let us know if this needs rescheduling and we can check availability.

Rob

Rob,

I currently have 3 active telephone sockets that were installed by Virgin Media or Telewest. As I am paying for landline calls through my VM package, I would like all the extentions to work after the move to VOiP.

Having looked at the VM website, it appears that I will need and engineer to resolve this matter.

If an engineer is booked to visit my home address on 01/03/23 between 1pm & 6pm, then I need to re-arrange because I will be at work.

I am available for a visit up to midday on 01/03/23 if that is helpful?

Kind regards,

Patrick Cray

Hi @MrCrustacean,

To confirm, are you saying that you have an engineer visit already scheduled and booked for this? If so and you need to change the date/time, you should be able to do this via your My Virgin Media account.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi Zach,

I have logged onto 'My Virgin Media', and discovered, whatever somebody has arranged between 1pm & 6pm on Wednesday 01/03/23, cannot be cancelled online. Therefore as instructed, I am contacting VM directly via their community forum.

I assume that you will be able to access my account?

Any assistance in preventing my landlines from working when VM pull the plug on 11/05/23, would be most appreciated.

Kind regards,

Patrick Cray