cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Super Hub 3 Telephony Disabled

Spoonhead2000
Tuning in

I have had no Telephone for over a month now.  An engineer attended and identified that there was a fault on the cable that runs to our property.  He said that he would have to book a crew in as they would have to pull another cable through.  He also said that I could alternatively contact support and upgrade from the Superhub 2 to the 3 and then connect my phone directly into the hub and therefore not require the existing line.  Aware that I would loose my existing phone number a contacted support and they said yes I can do this but I would have to pay for the upgrade to the new router. Begrudgingly I paid the fee, (although I was saving virgin money by not calling out additional engineers) and waited.  The new router arrived, plugged in, everything worked great.  However there were no cables in the box for the telephone (although stated in the instructions).  I contacted support twice - they said they would send one - nothing.  Contacted a fourth time - they said that "Virgin don't supply cables - I am better of going to Amazon".  So i got a cable - still no dial tone.  I subsequently logged into the hub and it states "Telephony Disabled"  even after multiple reboots, resets and leaving it for 48hrs.   

Please, please help, this is ridiculous.  How do I resolve this?  If need be - give me a refund on the hub3,  I will plug the Hub2 back in and Virgin can pay their teams to come and fix my line.

2 REPLIES 2

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Spoonhead2000

Sorry you have had to post on here regarding your Telephone not working 

This is something we can fix for you 

So I can get the ball rolling and access your account 

I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Spoonhead2000

Thank you very much for that update 

So glad the visit went as planned and you are back with a working landline

Can I ask if you are happy for your complaint to be closed down as resolved 

Gareth_L