cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Substantial increase on bill for “free” service

TeeKayDawn
Joining in

I’ve just received my bill and in addition to the above inflation increase I was expecting I’ve found a charge for the “no extra cost” service which I was told I had to make on 8th March, by switching to fibre through my modem.

All correspondence states this was a “free of charge” service yet I find it on my bill under “changes to service you made”, even though same correspondence stated on 8th March you need to plug this adaptor into your modem ….

I also have phone calls on said landline that are under the 50p threshold for itemisation even though neither myself or partner use the phone and there’s no one else in the house.

So, with the above inflation increase, and these additional costs for a “no extra cost” service my total bill increase is 14.5% and that’s based on my “loyalty” package. 

Absolutely disgusted, the irony is that for 10 years we’ve had no end of problems trying to get the landline fixed, engineers would come out and fix it temporarily only for it to revert back to no incoming/outgoing calls. So much so that for 4 years we’ve not used it at all as we were spending so much time and money on trying to get it fixed it was easier to just live without it!

2 REPLIES 2

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi TeeKayDawn,

Thanks for posting, and sorry to hear of the confusion over the charges on your bill. 

If you're unsure on calls made from the landline we can arrange to send you a copy bill with the call itemisation on there. 

To look into the other charges on the bill I'll need a few more details from you so I've popped you over a private message (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Just to point out that even though your phone connection is now 21CV over IP, you still have to pay line rental charges. Your service is NOT internet based & still currently uses the same telephone exchange facilities it has always used. You are just using a digital rather than analogue method of connection to the exchange.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks