cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange issues with international phone calls

Jess80
Joining in

Hi,

I recently had some strange issues with international phone calls I make or receive from my landline. I do not have issues with UK phone calls.

1. For one landline in France I call regularly and get called from, I do not have issues calling it. But sometimes when this number calls me, I hear no ring tone, I can only see on the screen that someone is calling, so I regularly miss calls from this number.

2. For another landline I call regularly in France, I hear people picking up and answering, but no one can hear me.

3. I also call a cell phone in France regularly. For a short time everything seems fine. Then all of a sudden I hear a repetition of what the person said previously over and over again (loop). The person on the other side of the line only sees that we were disconnected.

In the past I did not have issues calling or receiving calls from these numbers, except that when I was called by the landline mentioned in point 1., we were frequently cut off after an exact duration of call (roughly 30 min). This is not an issue anymore.

No answers to this on the virgin media website. I am not getting picked up by help over the telephone (after 50 min wait). What are other means to get help for this? Is anyone else experiencing any of the above issues? The people I call in France do not seem to have issues calling other people from their phones. Thanks.

26 REPLIES 26

Hi tybhunter778, 

Thanks for your patience on this one. 

The team have come back to advise they have made a few changes. Can you please try a call and if you are getting the same issue, please reply with the date and time that you made the call 🙂

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Kath,

We made a call today at 2.06pm and it was the same issue. Then again at 2.07pm.

Still having these same issues.

My sister in made the outgoing call too and she said it was fine when she called.

I think the Tech Team need to dig a bit deeper....🙏🏼😞

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @tybhunter778

Thanks for updating us, I'm sorry to hear you are still experiencing issues. I have passed that back on and Kath will be back in touch with a new update once she has received one. Thank you for your patience.

Kind regards,

Serena

Hello there,

I have not heard anything from you and would like to update you on our current situation.

We have made a call yesterday to Pakistan;

14/03/2022

1142 - it cut went in to repeat mode as mentioned before whilst the person on the recieving end cut off.

Then again we called at 1144. It was all ok up until 1158 where the call cut off.

Can you please see if anything was done to correct this issue as we are still having this issue.

Thank you.

Thanks for coming back to us @tybhunter778, the team advised that this has been updated but that was before you had added your update.

I will pass this back to the team to be looked into further once again.

Regards,

Steven_L

Hiya,

I hope your well.

It has been three weeks now that I am unable to make no calls abroad to Pakistan.

I am completely cut off from my relatives and am really getting annoyed that I am not recieving the service I am paying for.

This needs to be resolved quickly and promptly. 

I have faith in you all and will be patient in your resolve of this issue.

I would like an update by tomorrow evening into what steps and actions you have taken in resolving this issue.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @tybhunter778,

Thank you for coming back to us about your ongoing issue with making international calls. The ticket has been updated. 

Can you please reset connections and check if you're able to make calls without any issues.

Let us know how you get on so we can help further if needed.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs