cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange Dial tone

GaryGar
Joining in

My land-line dial tone has changed from the standard tone to a distorted vibrating sound, which is also affecting the quality of the voice calls.

I have tried unplugging the lead from the modem and rebooting the connections but the noise persists. Can anybody suggest a solution please?

5 REPLIES 5

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi GaryGar,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

I am very sorry to hear you are experiencing some issues with your home phone service. 

Are you able to test another handset on the line to see if this still happens? Also, are you experiencing any issues with your broadband service at the moment?

Thank you, 

Nat

Hi Nat,

Unfortunately I don't have a secondary phone that I can use to test. But will try to get one to test.

The broadband is working fine thanks.

Are you aware why this is interference on the line is occuring? 

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for confirming GaryGar. 

I am having a little trouble locating your account from my side to check for any known issues in the area. 

Could you please pop your details in to here and let us know if anything shows?

Thanks, 

Nat

Nat, 

It is not recognising my Eircode. Do you have an alternative means of direct communication please? 

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for your reply GaryGar 

From your last message, I am correcting in thinking you are a Republic of Ireland customer? 

If so, I am afraid we do have access to the systems required to assist you from here and you would need to contact Virgin Media Ireland directly 

Information on how to do so can be found here

Thank you, 

Nat