Did you mean: 

Sloppy text from VM

Declanworld
Fibre optic

Have a look at this exchange by text - I can only guess what they mean:

WhatsApp Image 2022-05-30 at 5.36.20 PM.jpeg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I've received an answer at last, although inadvertently.  VM wrote to say that my EBUL was to be replaced.  When the engineer arrived, he noted that I already had the latest model, so he just replaced the SIM card.

I found then, by calling a mobile, that all outward calls (to ANY number) registered as coming from my VM landline.  Calling my landline from my mobile activated as a call on the EBUL.

Previous to this, the EBUL had a mobile number  - whether it still does but is overridden by the landline number I don't know.  At last I have an answer - calls would be charged according to the phone package.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

61 REPLIES 61

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Declanworld

Thanks for posting and sorry for the confusion.

It's asking you to choose an AM slot or PM. 

AM would be 8am-1pm

PM would be 1pm-6pm

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Thanks John but the composition of the message needs serious reconsideration.

I agree as I had to check it 3x for it. Is there anything further I can assist with today? 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

That's me done, John - thanks very much for the swift replies.

You're more than welcome

Let me know how the install goes

Best

John_GS
Forum Team

Will do.

Hello John.

The installation went perfectly.  I have a few observations:

1. According to VM's info page, the emergency line will only call 999 and 112 numbers.  However, the engineer said it will operate like any landline (no restriction on numbers) - I've tried it myself and found it to be true.
  2. He also said that any calls I make will be treated according to my landline package (Talk More Anytime).

Please clarify.

Kind regards
Declan

Hi Declanworld,

Thank you for keeping us updated. If you have the Talk More Anytime package on your line then any calls would be in line with the allowances in the package. 

To confirm, do you have your landline setup?

^Martin

The landline, emergency phone and my two extensions are working perfectly.  I'm a bit nonplussed that VM's page is showing fundamentally incorrect info - please see screenshot:

Screenshot_20220606_133158_org.mozilla.firefox.jpg