cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Landline Number not Transferred

hannah_p
Joining in

Hi,

We had Virgin broadband & landline installed today, however we have been given a new landline number. When we joined Virgin, we requested to keep our current landline number so I don’t know why we’ve been given a new one?

Ideally we’d like to keep our current phone number - can someone help me to get this sorted please?

Thank you.

9 REPLIES 9

DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hello

When you Virginmedia line has been activated the number port can take upto 10 days to complete, as long as the  Sky landline is still active and doesn't have a cancellation order against it.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi,

Thanks for the response. Will I get notified of the number changing or will it just happen?

Thank you.

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good afternoon Hannah_P 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

Are you able to let us know, Is your landline number still active with your previous provider? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Hi Zak,

Yes the line should have still been active with Sky before Virgin took over yesterday.

Thanks, Hannah

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for confirming that for me. 

I am going to drop you a PM so I can get some account information. 

I must state that If the landline number isn't still active/in the prosses of being transferred over I might not be able to get this number back to you, however I will always try my upmost. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Hello @Zak_M

I had my Virginmedia installation last Monday (20th Sept) after 26yrs with Sky and predecessor.

Unfortunately Not gotten off to the best of starts and hoping that it'll be plain sailing from now on in! 

Although I'd received notification end of August that a new provider has requested to take over my phone subscription from the 24th onwards and reassurances that should I wish to keep my telephone number the switch would have to be completed by the 23rd September. My installation as i mentioned was on the 20th and Virgin media had emailed confirming everything was all set as far back 2nd September.

Imagine my dismay to get a text message today 30th September that my number hadn't been ported over and I have been assigned a Virgin Media number!

Now beginsthe task of first finding out what my number actually is which i guess might be the easy part as i'm about to call my mobile from landline and then to inform family and friends spread around the globe of number change.

How could this happen with no notice?

Any advise greatly appreciated.

Tai.

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forums, Worldtrav747,

Sorry to hear that the port was not completed. Is the service still active with Sky? The port will not work unless both services are active, unfortunately.

Cheers,

Corey C

Thank you for the welcome and reply. 

Unfortunate despite the long lead time the line was disconnected on the 24th September. 

Tai

I'm so very sorry to hear that, Worldtrav747,  regrettably without the other line being active the port would not process. Apologies.

Thanks,

Corey C